• Members

I just read on soaps.com that Stacy Haiduk is out as Kristen!  It was reported in SOD and Stacy posted a nice Instagram.

I also read spoilers on soaps.com and Soap Hub that Kristen does get the baby back and Brady convinces her to flee because of stabbing Victor.  I don't know if this is the end of the road for her (for now), but I wouldn't be mad about it.  I know that might seem like a cop out abrupt cheat of an ending... but on the contrary, I think it could be chilling and, to sound cheesy, poetic.  Kristen has her baby, but in the least ideal way... and the real consequence from all this is that the. baby. is. just. gone.  Sarah, Brady, Eric, Nicole, and Maggie will have to deal with never seeing her again because of Victor and Xander's actions.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh wow, I'm surprised they're writing her off as I assumed she's the kind of character Ron loves, though I'm sure she'll be back sooner rather than later (unless Eileen would by some miracle agree to come back).

• Webmaster

Stacy Haiduk Departing ‘Days of our Lives,’ Eric Martsolf Previews Kristen DiMera’s Exit

“[We] were working toward this reunion between our characters and their daughter,” previews Martsolf in an interview with Digest. “We thought this was going to be the banana split sundae that we were finally going to be able to enjoy. But, sure enough, because of what Kristen has done to Victor, she can’t return to Salem.”

Eric Martsolf, Stacy Haiduk, Days of our Lives
DFree/Shutterstock

Speaking of his co-star’s departure, Martsolf says it’s not goodbye, but “Aloha.” He notes, “I never say goodbye to anybody. I always say, ‘Aloha,’ because we’re always destined to meet again. So it’s, ‘Until we meet again.’ Ron [Carlivati, head writer] loves that revolving door. So our goodbyes…we take them with a grain of salt.” As he should since Haiduk has something to say about her reported exit as well.

• Members

And to top it off Brady tells her to flee with child.....too dumb for words. Brady should be fighting tooth and nail to keep his child.

@Errol  At this point she and Chandler my Massey will return before taping begins. 

how far ahead is Days now? 6 months?

• Members

So the serial killer walks around Salem scot free but the one time attempted murderer has to go on the run. Will wonders never cease?

Stacy really did start to grow on me in the role. I do wish she was staying, mostly just to see the story continue. Kristen will probably be back and even though Stacy grew on me all I have to say is this...

• Webmaster

Sounds about right. Honestly, while I do want the shows to go back into production as soon as possible and no one to go without any money for as long as we can prevent it, I want that DAYS schedule shot to hell as soon as they get back. The later the better for that purpose alone. Yes, it is benefiting the show during a pandemic, but come on. Eight months? Really? WOW. Only a movie should get away with that type of lead. Not a daytime soap, much less any show on television. Exception being animated, of course.

• Members

I would guess that unless it’s a very short stint or unless the show is being cancelled, Eileen won’t be coming back. For some reason, she doesn’t like playing the role for very long, and it doesn’t seem like she’s a fan of the sweatshop production model DAYS operates under (which I am sure will be a greater concern for some actors once this Covid-19 ordeal starts to thaw).

• Members

Eileen seemed like she hated the shooting schedule and was very dissatisfied with the pay.  And I remember she said she was pissed that one actress in particular was given (very) special treatment and that production scheduled around her "availability"... everyone thought she was talking about Ali Sweeney, but I thought she could be referring to Missy Reeves, who commutes from Nashville and was heavily featured during the height of Dannifer when Eileen was on.  It's a shame the working conditions keep her away...

But I grew to really enjoy Stacy.  I wonder if she was written out because it felt like the right move for the story, or if because tptb ultimately thought the recast wasn't working?