Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The saddest and/or most anger inducing part of all this is that the only reason these people are demanding to go back to work is because it's the opposite of what the democrats are proposing. Had the dems suggested opening things up, they'd be complaining about how that policy will cost lives.

Edited by sivad40

• Members

Exactly.  That's why I can't take these protesters seriously, even as they stand to spread the coronavirus further with their ignorance.  They act as if being asked to stay home, avoid crowds, wear protective masks and gloves, and WASH THEIR DAMN HANDS is encroaching upon their personal liberties.  But, let me tell you, what we all have to put up with will be nothing compared to what we might have to endure should the numbers continue to increase.

If you still support this administration after this.....

• Members

Update from Germany: As the number of cases has decreased drastically over the last 2 weeks, the country is slowly re-opening.

In 12 of the 16 German states, shops with a sales area less than 800 qm² were allowed to re-open today. Book stores, car dealers and bike shops are excluded from the size rule and can open anyhow. Some zoos and furniture stores will also re-open.

In the other 4 states, shops will re-open later this week. There will be access control and people are advised to stay 1.5 meters apart from each other (as it has been the case for weeks).

In the states of Saxony, Bavaria and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, people must wear a face mask in stores and when using public transport.
In the other states, wearing a face mask is still optional. I'd say, 1 out of 4 people is wearing a mask.

Schools will re-open this week, with graduating classes returning at first. Younger students are not expected to return to school until the beginning of May.

However, all mass events have been banned until at least August 31st, 2020. This includes concerts, street fairs, sports events, gay pride parades, etc.

Bars, restaurant, hotels, gyms, museums etc. remain closed for now.

• Members

I hope all is well with you. I'm glad Angela Merkel is leading in this crisis. 

Very few people have been wearing masks here either, from my experience. 

Meanwhile the US continues to get results like this, due to astroturf shitburgers.