Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Did you read the tweet. They have test kits that are not being distributed. This is an attempt to keep the numbers of deaths down in states. Ask the Governor why they are not distributing test kits before you make these kind of accusations. All the states are having  labs they are contacting making test kits because = let me say this again - the federal gvmt is not handling or managing any of it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I get what you're saying, @Juliajms, but I'm just not comfortable testing, marking or tagging anyone -- not even highly contagious people.  I hear/read that kind of language and my mind immediately goes back to those inherently racist and xenophobic "no-fly" lists.

Even if the intentions behind creating such a system are pure and purely for everyone's benefits, I feel like it wouldn't be long before people began to pervert the system, extending it beyond people who are "safe" to travel to saying such-and-such persons can't travel on our airplanes (or trains, or buses, or whatever), because they're coming from places known to be heavily infected with the virus, whether or not they, themselves, are carriers.  I mean, already, I can see Asians being denied passage under the system.

HANTAvirus?  Aw, [!@#$%^&*].  As if we don't have enough to worry about.  Now, we gotta look out for the mouse flu.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Now, I'm pissed.

The thought that that brave and beautiful man, whose work often chronicled the AIDS crisis and other issues affecting the LGBTQ community at a time when gay men and women in this country were literally afraid for their lives, had to die of this stupid virus....

I'm pissed.