Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm sure there are some, like Cuomo, who will try to thread the needle between people going back to work and loss of life - the loss of life that men like this see as worthwhile, anyway:

Trump's White House, on the other hand, is full of people who believe if they bring about the end of the world. they will meet Jesus and be ascended to Heaven. 

Pence, Pompeo and Barr are all fine with killing us. That's what they have spent much of their lives being told is the endgame. That's what Dominionism is all about.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

North Carolina today ordered some more businesses to be shut down, including personal care and grooming busineses, entertainment businesses that don't have any dining, etc. Some of these businesses include gyms, nail and hair salons, movie theatres, martial arts facilities, bowling alleys, and yoga studios. So many people are going to be put out of work, until I don't know when. I feel so bad for all of these people. This is really going to hurt our local economy. He did at least give them until Wednesday at 5pm to close, so maybe they can pick up some extra business between now and then.

I was supposed to get my hair done on Friday, but I'm texting with my stylist and I'm going to see if I can get it done by the deadline to put some money in her pocket, before her shop has to close down. She has another job which she's not working at right now, and I'm not sure she's going to get paid at that job either. I'm going to give her a good sized tip to try and help. Maybe some of the other people who she normally styles on Fridays can come in and get their services done early, before the shops have to close.

Also schools have been shut down until May 15th here. This isn't the first time schools in my area have shut down here in NC for a while. A couple of years ago after Hurricane Florence happened schools were shut down here for at least a month. Maybe longer. Kids were going to school well into the Summer time. During that time, I felt it wasn't necessary to keep kids out of school that long. In our particular area, it wasn't that bad, and other areas with worse damage, sent their kids back to school earlier than our area did.

I could see kids now going back to school well into the summer like they did then. And speaking of Hurricane Florence, we still have people in the state waiting on aid from that in areas, that suffered a bigger impact from the storm. Here's hoping that the coronavirus aid comes much faster than the aid for the Hurricane has. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Correct.  Of course, they fail to realize that God-and-God-alone will bring about the end times, not them.  The Master does not need or ask for anyone's help, thank you.

True, Donald Trump might not actually kill us all.  But, that's not gonna stop him OR his minions from trying; and that's the part that scares me.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I want to hear how many Fox News viewers are willing to die, right now, for the country. 

Jim Cramer, always on the frontlines of suffering and pain in the name of lining his pockets, suggests that people have to be given a "star" as they are forced to return to work. Gee, I wonder what that is referencing.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks. I just wanted some of that type of perspective to this thread. And maybe help try and calm people's fears a bit.

We really do need more information about this virus, so we can best figure out how to deal with it. And I don't think we should be making long term decisions about things like the economy right now, until we have more information. I'm fine with taking it a little bit at time. Some things are closed down now for a couple/few weeks, I think that things can be re-evaluated after those periods are up. And maybe something will happen between now and then to help make decisions easier to make.

And going back to the virus, I was looking at this chart and seeing how it's affecting the different states in the US, including my home state in NC. In NC, we have at least 300 cases (and I saw one chart that said 400) (And at least 8438 tests have been completed) but zero deaths so far. I believe the governor today said he was grateful there haven't been any death so far. Which I am also very grateful for. Last time I checked we had like three cases in my entire county. And at least one of those cases I believe was a young marine who had recently come back from Italy, and was in quarantine for like ten days already before it was even announced he had been quarantined.

What's interesting about my area in NC., is that we are one of the youngest areas in the US. (Largely due to us having a lot of military bases in this part of NC.) The average age of people where I live is 24 years old. And that actually went up from a couple of years ago, lol. With a lot of people talking (and also IMHO doing too much) blaming of young people for helping spreading this illness, I have to wonder what might be reflected among the really young population here. I hope not too much. Right now I'm glad we don't have many cases or deaths.

This chart is showing how many cases/deaths are in each state.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I have noticed is how several states in the South, including NC, Alabama, Arkansas, West Virginia all have zero deaths so far. I've also noticed that some of the states in the Northeast like Maine, Delaware, Rhode Island, even less populated states like Wyoming, North Dakota, and Montana, and states that are further away from the other states Alaska, and Hawaii all have zero deaths, thus far. Now some of these states, one good guess for why they haven't been hit as hard as other states is because they aren't as populated and/or visited as much.

And I find the news so far about some of the southern states optimistic (at least for now) and interesting. Especially since people often like to crap on the South and our ways of doing things. I wonder how things will change with the states. I hope it doesn't get much worse for them, especially the ones that have been hit the hardest. But if some states end up having a much slower spread of this illness and significantly less deaths, and it's for other reasons than a state isn't as largely populated, maybe people can learn from that. And possibly study/implement some of the habits of these states.

Edited by xtr

• Members

My heart breaks for these human beings. Not only did they have to endure immense suffering, now this. I just don't know what to say.

Early on in this health emergency, I would not refuse to shake hands with anyone because I would never want for anyone to feel 'rejected' or 'infected'. As a Millennial gay man I did not live through the AIDS emergency era but somehow I can empathize a little bit.

• Members

I don't know, @DRW50, those people are so brainwashed.  The numbers just might surprise you.

Before you know it, someone will suggest taking those who test positive away from their homes and relocating them to special "camps"...

Oops, too late!

• Members

I agree with most of this but the part of me that is still under an isolation mandate for being exposed to someone who has corona virus and I can't tell you how much less anxiety I would have if I could just get tested.

Then I worry about my mom who's elderly and my older brother who lives with her and has a heart condition. Will they get ill, need a ventilator and be considered expendable. I don't ever want this country to be in a position of medical people having to decide to remove ventilators from people over 65, drugging them and letting them die in peace so the 30 year old can be saved. Living a long life doesn't make someone dispensable. They all matter to someone. I can't even fathom that.

Now Italy's death toll is starting to drop slightly after putting a stay at home order in place. What happens when they flatten that curve. Do people stay at home or do they go back to being reckless like we in this country still are.