Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...personally it's just a matter of time before it is taken serious. How? When it completely does what a virus does. Mutate. 

Meanwhile, I've begun having to say 'no mask, no service.' The fact that it's been my fellow black men who should know we appear to get it easily just makes it more disappointing. 

I had a Kevin try to say I am being brainwashed. I admit I have gotten behind on my Co-Vid data collecting, but I am sure a vaccine is not here. And it takes a special selfishness to not wear a mask for a 2 minutes max to order something. That he looped back around to clown just made him pathetically tragic in a world of easy technological research by phone.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't want to quote the Rock post because the pictures take up alot of space, but Chris Cuomo had it and has said it was the battle of his life.  These are 2 FIT men.  Chris said he had a 101 to 102 degree fever for 17 days, and appeared on TV via Internet and was sweating - hair wringing wet.  People don't understand, this virus is a wildcard.  These are 2 extrodinarily fit men who I am sure eat very well and healthier than I do.  It's scary.  And it's scary how people just discount it, don't wear masks, go to large events, go to their Trump rallies...

• Members

Not only that, but Chris Cuomo has had lingering symptoms, which is being dubbed 'Long Covid'. Emma Samms has experienced the same 'Long Covid' symptoms, 6 months after she was diagnosed:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8630419/British-Dynasty-star-Emma-Samms-59-tells-six-month-Long-Covid-hell.html

As you said so rightly, this virus is a wildcard. It's pathology is only just beginning to be understood, and if it is the inflammatory/vascular pathology that is now theorized, rather than a simple respiratory pathology, there are so many ways this virus can affect people negatively and lethally. 

• Members

The above posts are exactly why I have had issues in recent weeks with the way the UK has redefined reported COVID deaths. They will now only consider a COVID death reportable if it was within 28 days of a positive test. This has led to (IMO) an artificially low death count where we all know damn well that deaths from COVID can occur well after 28 days, especially in light of the above “long COVID” cases that are arising. This in turn is leading certain leading figures in the UK to declare that we are getting the pandemic in the UK under control, which couldn’t be any further from the truth - we experienced an almost 100% spike in one day over the weekend, and fears are that it is about to go higher.

On top of that, the UK is running out of available tests - people are being directed to testing sites 10s or even 100s of miles away from where they live, due to a shortage. That is also a major cause for concern. I’m afraid every day that the UK is about to go through another lockdown, on top of the mess that is Brexit. The next 12 months are not looking very good, unfortunately.

• Members

I live here too and I feel like it's me and some little old lady on busy streets or buses who are the only ones WEARING THE DAMN MASKS. My GP recently told me he felt a second wave was on its way this autumn and we could have another lockdown.

Given that France has about 8,000 cases a day now, I have to imagine we are coming up close behind. Back in mid-March, we were about 10 days behind France's trajectory.

Dont get me started on the 'world-beating' testing system sending Londoners to Inverness for a nose swab. The cynical part of me wonders if it has been set up to be purposely the case, so as to under-count totals. (Nevermind that the world already knows the UK is a hot mess when it comes to this pandemic, not to mention Brexit). However, given how naturally incompetent and non-forward-thinking this government of no-talents is, I'm of the mind that the testing system floundered of its own accord. Because nobody could be bothered to investigate first how another country (like, say, South Korea) might be doing it right.

And this is why I love Eric Braeden. God bless him for adding that exclamation point! Because every Tweet he makes! Has! An! Exclamation! Point!

This story about some 'influencer' showing up in Rwanda and getting quarantined made me feel oddly better. 

https://dlisted.com/2020/09/08/an-influencer-cried-about-getting-quarantined-in-rwanda-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/

"TikTok influencer Charly Jordan recently documented an incredibly harrowing experience of testing positive for COVID-19 while vacationing in Rwanda wherein she was forced to spend 4 days in a 3-star hotel room. She was deprived of food (she liked), separated from her fellow TikTokers, and worst of all, she was left with only her own deep thoughts for company. Charly used the time to evaluate her life choices, from the spelling of her name to how her dogged reliance on external validation has contributed to society’s decline into performative living and a general decrease in self-esteem and individualism as well as her own mental health. Haha, got you, this dingus got on Tik Tok and cried a million albino crocodile tears about how unfairly she was treated."

Edited by Cat