Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Listening to the instagram video, he, his wife, and their two daughters all were diagnosed with COVID.

As for how they contracted the illness, The Rock said that they got it from close family friends, who are "devastated" to have passed on the virus. He added that they don't know where they themselves caught it, as he and their friends were "very disciplined" when it came to social distancing. 

He acknowledged that there needs to be "even greater discipline" when it comes to visiting with friends and family, something he hopes his followers are equally as "aggressive" about. 

• Members

My hygiene has gone to hell.  I work from home so it doesn't matter but I use my hand sanitizer, I don't go out, but I take like  2 or 3 showers a week and do one load of clothes a week, change my undies, brush my teeth every day and use the cottonelle wipes when I use the bathroom and sponge bath every day and use deodorant, etc.  I don't work in the yard, have a landscaper and a maid but I feel dirty. I've just kind of given up.  Called Teledoc that I have through my employer - won't give me anything for anxiety because they say it's a behavioral issue (WELL DO YOU THINK?  WE'RE IN A DAMNED PANDEMIC), and other employees get Antibiotics over the phone.  My doctor is cutting off my Blood Pressure medicine to make me come in for a Physical.  He's cutting it off.  Like Thanks so much - don't try to kill me or anything.  I'm sure business is terrible for them, I get it, but I'm not going in to his office  - it's in a Hospital and I'm NOT going IN.  

I order my groceries and I won't even go to get Gas - until it's down to the last drop and lucky I work from home because it's about 10 gallons to get me for 2 to 3 months.  My recycling is a wreck because I don't even want to put it out and touch the bins after the people have touched them.

I know this is too much information but I wonder if other people are dealing with the same or even similar.   This whole thing has made me so sad.  My community didn't open the pool this year and won't.  My friends who have pools won't have anyone over...and I am the one who works from home.  I would be the one in danger because they are essential and go to work but they won't have anyone over.  I'm just so over this whole thing.  

@victoria foxton South Carolina is terrible.  They didn't shut down correctly and they didn't re-open correctly.  My sister has a house there and 2 months ago my family was there _ I didn't go - called them and they were put putt golfing, go-karting, at a water park, eating at restaurants, no face masks, shopping, business as usual.  I don't think people know how bad it's about to get.  Whether they get it or not, they'll spread it to other people.  It's coming.  

• Members

I'm as paranoid about the situation as you are!  Hubby does grocery shopping once a week in mask & gloves, but we live in the middle of nowhere so no grocery ordering & delivery here.  I can't wait until 4 pm when I can have a glass of wine because it's about the only enjoyment in life now.   I am scared to death what the fall & winter will bring.  We will get our flu shots this month at the pharmacy, but I'm not counting on a viable vaccine until maybe spring.  I certainly won't get an early release that hasn't been totally vetted.

Edited by Ponds

• Members

I'm glad I have hand sanitizer.  And soap for my shower.  But I was using Tilex on my hands when this first started because it was the only thing I could find for awhile and I thought, while I'm doing the bathroom and the tub, why not just spray it on.  Well let me tell you, it dries out your nails.  I'm a guy.  And let me tell you when you chip a nail down to the meat, it is a different pain.  And I'm missing a big toe and half a left ankle from a lawn mower accident from when I was 5.  Now they did say I went into shock.  But  Imma just gonna say - don't use Tilex on your hands. Ya ain going into shock and it's gonna hurt.