Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@victoria foxton  Scary.  My sister owns a house in Pawley's Island (south of Myrtle Beach, SC) - and they never shut down correctly and they didn't open up correctly.  2 of my sisters were there about a month ago with the nieces and nephews and great nieces and great nephews....when I called them I said "what is all of that NOISE?"  She said - oh we're playing putt putt.  They went to Go Karts, shopping, eating at restaurants, a water park...business as usual.  Not wearing masks.  We're about to have a complete resurgence - friends in Florida - their kids went back to school in person learning.  They're scared to death - they said it's only a matter of time until they close it down.  Just one kid needs to test positive and they're all going to have to be in quarantine.  I asked her - about lunch and everything and she said nope - they go to the cafeteria as usual.  And instead of leaving the kids where they are and having the teachers change classrooms, all the kids just change classrooms as usual.  Wouldn't you think they would have the teachers change class rooms and limit the number of people running into each other?

Meanwhile, someone I knew from High School (UNFRIEND) kept posting about how the whole "COVID thing" is a hoax and a lie and it's the Democrats doing all of this.  TRUMPER.  I said, my God - are the Democrats hauling all of these people off to an island and 165,000 in the US really aren't dead?  He replied, well it's all the elderly and people who were unhealthy and it's no worse than the yearly flu.  I said my God you've lost your mind.  There are NOT this many deaths from flu in a year and this has been since December or January.  And it's NOT just the "Elderly" and what difference does the age make?  So if you're older and die it's no big deal?  Meanwhile I don't think he knows he's 52.  I just turned 50.  It's like - honey - you are way past middle age.  

• Members

I've seen on tv a pro tennis players father not wearing a mask and high fiving the trainer.

On social media there are pics of a famous morning show reporter not wearing a mask with his husband and other family members. No masks or social distancing in the pic.

• Members

It's only a matter of time until we all get it.  People are stopping with the distancing, the masks, all of it.  And a vaccine is not going to cover all strains.  It will be like the flu where you get the shot and it covers the first strain but you can still get another strain later in the year.  If you don't get the shot right away it's already outdated when you get it.  Very depressing.  And that picture is depressing with Spain exploding with it.  And what I don't understand is the anger - if you don't wear a mask and do distancing - stay away from me and they don't think about their families.  They may not get it but they're taking it home to their families.