GH February 2020 Discussion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know. I'm very nervous. The show is FAR from great or perfect by any means but it's clear there's been a shift ...

I still take issues with things like 2 second scenes and 18 castmembers in an episode. They can do better. Bobbie and Carly were extras yesterday when they should have had moments. The focus is still ... off at times. There was ZERO need for Chase and Willow yesterday; I'm guessing it was to fill an episode guarantee. 

And kudos to Ryan Carnes for somehow still finding a way to look sexy after just waking up from a coma.

And holy cow. When did Emma grow up so much? Damn.

I LOVE IT. I love when stans go nuts when an ENSEMBLE soap opera doesn't cater to them. But the shows only have themselves to blame for catering to stanbases for the last decade.

Whenever Franco is off air it doesn't affect a THING. Howarth is NOT needed and NEVER was. And the hoops they've jumped through to make him happen were sickening. And so many folks fell for it and ate it up. Folks who claim to be Liz fans. If you were a true Liz fan you wouldn't want her with a character like Franco. I hate how the show has painted them together. And I'm bitter on the other hand because I feel like Kanan and AJ got shafted for him.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Sorry it took so long to reply! Thank you so much!

It's not great by any means but ANYTHING happening is an improvement! LMAO

I agree they're trying to connect folks together and do an umbrella story. I also think they 'get' a lot of the characters.

I'm not sure on Finn and Anna. They have a nice rapport but I don't see anything between them. Not sure why Frank Valentini is so hot on the two of them together. They don't offend me but they don't really excite me either.

I like Dan is creating conflict for lots of folks. THAT IS A SOAP OPERA. Not sure what the [!@#$%^&*] Pissy and Smelly were writing for the last few years. It was like a Hallmark movie. I like they decided to do more with Gladys and added the Brando twist. Who knows how long it would have circled the drain under Altman?

I'm glad they brought back Taggert, tied him to Jordan (who shows more life around him than she ever has around Curtis) and are seemingly tying Cyrus to that Masicotte dude who "OD'd". I know folks don't want a mob war, but Mumbles Benard ain't going nowhere so if we're stuck with Sonny, write him in character and not as the patriarch of Port Charles. I'm ready for Julian to go, have been for years now, but I like how they're writing him. I prefer Alexis with Neil (who should have been a recast Jeff Webber). But you have psycho Jules fantasizing about Alexis ... lol

And can we talk about how hilarious it is crazy Nelle is carting around her life board?

And lord, Josslyn is Snarly's daughter. The little mini me was so annoying going in on Ava to Trina. I love how Trina stood up for herself. Anyone else chuckle when the girls were talking about Cam having the time of his life with his buddies and coach at college?

Please register in order to view this content

We had our chance a couple of years ago, when he and Howarth were both off-screen and basically out until they weren't. I was so pissed. lol.

I do agree it feels like that, but at the same time, Julian shouldn't really be a good guy. Layered psycho works for me. I think he's done but who knows? Julian, Peter and Valentin all seem to be circling the drain but yet hang around. (And Nelle, too). I'm here for the conflict at the moment but it does feel a couple of years too late. Of course we spent years on Kim, Drew and Oscar and none of them really even matter anymore ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

You're welcome.

I think Frank just doesn't want to let ME go. Yesterday, it seemed like they were trying to push him back into Sam's direction but I'm really hoping we don't get Mike & Kelly part 3

As for Gladys, if Shelly was writing her the storyline would have been a poor man's version of The Cable Guy lol and maybe I'm wrong but I think I did see a little chemistry between Carly and Brando yesterday. 

But, overall I'm excited for what's to come

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'm optimistic for a change which is a nice feeling. But I'm still aware Frank and Varni could mess it all up, lol.

I didn't mind Carly/Brando but he's kinda blah and reminds me of Paevey, another handsome block of wood. But we'll see where it goes. I have no doubt Carly goes for a ride.

Kinda weird Brook Lynn/Sonny/Mike scenes. Bittersweet I suppose. I feel like this should have been Robin/Sonny/Mike. It's like they slotted Emma in for Robin (Kim's "retired" right?) and then Brook Lynn for Robin. JMO. Emma's the new Robin, and I'm good with that. 

I enjoyed Ava and Trina today. However it seems like Trina's "innocent" pictures will likely spell doom for Ava. Sigh. Curious to see where that goes. I hope their relationship doesn't implode and Josslyn's words come true. I didn't despise Franco so much today. I weirdly just imagine it's AJ and go about my day. I just have to block him out.

Can we comb Marcus Coloma's hair back again, please? And can we make Trina Nikolas and Gia's kid, please?

Alexis and Finn have more chemistry than Finn and Anna, IMO. Nice to see Alexis with Nikolas. LOL at Liz having no time for Nikolas. Without Tyler Christopher in the role I could be down for Liz and Nikolas again if it frees her from the suckage of Franco. But that won't happen.

I like how Finn is betraying Anna. Implode them Dan, implode them! Michael Easton doesn't bother me so much as a 'pet' like a few others do. I'd rather he be Tom Hardy instead of random "Finn" but it is what it is.

Otherwise today was ... meh. Why are they doubling down on Anna/Peter? Lord make it stop. I still say he's Alex's kid. It just makes more sense.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I just love how nothing goes the right way for Jason and Sam. LOL. Suffer fools ... suffer! lol

While I still hope he's a murder victim sometime soon, I weirdly like the twist of Valentin being Helena's bastard. It works really well actually. Can we keep Michael E Knight though? (I'd love to see Martin [!@#$%^&*] Valentin over ... lol)

Poor Maxie is never taken seriously. LOL. Jax had no time for her (to be fair she was very out of line getting involved in Nina/Jax, JMO). BREAK AWAY MAXIE!

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Frank and the other idiots don't know how to kill a character and build on that.  YR was doing the same with Dina.  Because Frank saw the response to Mike/Max Gail, how on earth could he get rid of the character?  Instead, we will get Mike going off the deep end when they have nothing for Benard to do just so viewers can go batsh!t over Gail's performance.