GH February 2020 Discussion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nelle could definitely be offed at this point. I feel like all of this drama should have happened earlier. But I'd do the same thing with Nelle if I were writing. Have her cause chaos. At least it gives the Q's something to do!

The real problem was dragging out her appearances for like a year and not really going anywhere with her. Now they've gone full speed since the writer switch.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I read Tracy is leaving for Amsterdam already?! Absolutely unacceptable! Just when the drama was getting started and someone gave her some nice new blazers.

Please register in order to view this content

I feel like this has to be, without a doubt, Nelle's exit story. It's been dragged out way too long, I agree, but there's no reason they wouldn't have stuck an old headshot of her in the opening by now if she was sticking around.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Considering they've brought back Taggert, I wouldn't rule out them tying Cyrus to someone else like Faith or Alcazar. This isn't Pissy and Smelly's GH anymore.

NOOOOOOOOOO Tracy has to stay! LOL. Jane looks AMAZING and Tracy has been fire. She adds much needed voltage to this show. I really hope she pops in more frequently. She's one of the only actors I will accept popping in every few months or once a year to collect a check and say hi. LOL

It does feel like her exit story. What's the deal with Lanier and Nelle though? Lanier left but then she hung around and recurred for like a year (felt longer...) ... I kinda liked that actually, checking in once in a while and then now she's out. It sure did take too long though. I can see why folks are done, but I'm here for the chaos. Nelle amuses me. But her time feels up. I'm torn.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

LOL, absolutely! She told Ned, "for now," so I'm hoping this little trial guest run for the show and Jane works out in all our favors and she returns sooner rather than later. I'm guessing she shot all her stuff in a day or two and they spread it out over the course of a month so maybe they can continue to work that out with her.

Yeah, she was on contract for two years, but was already making guest appearances within a few months after that contract ended, lol. I think she's more or less been "recurring" since June 2019, appearing a few times a month since. They failed us on the Shiloh murder mystery so I hope they follow through on Nelle's. I've only come around to enjoying Nelle in this latest stint. Trying to write her as a victim and redeem her to pair her with Michael was horrendous. They had no chemistry and it was painful. Once they made her a raging bitch when it was time for her to exit, Nelle finally clicked for me. And her current stint has worked for me. That being said, I think she's worn out her welcome now.

• Members

I appreciate they're mining drama for Finn and Anna, only proving the two shouldn't be together. I'm here for that if it leads to a break up. But aren't they Frank's little novelty couple?

I enjoy Nelle giving Michael crap and not going anywhere. I'm here for it. Gimme a soap opera anyday. I LOOOOOVE psycho Nelle dragging around her board. I also love psycho Julian fantasizing about Alexis and trying to get rid of Brad. LOL. At least he's written how he should be. And I see they're trying to spice up Sasha a bit. I like Sofia but there's a long way to go ... lol

I could give two shits about Sonny "Mumbles" Corinthos and his latest threat but I am curious where it's all going, considering you have Taggert back and Laura wants to clean up the waterfront. We'll see. Do I want Mob Wars again? Not really but I'll take it over Sonny and Carly as the matriarch and patriarch of Port Charles.

I wish this was Alex instead of Anna because it would make some more sense to me. I hate Anna crying over Parking Lot Peter. Ugh. PLEASE be Alex.

Sorry to those still disgusted ... the show is far from perfect or even "good" but holy crap it's better than the Hallmark movie Pissy and Smelly tried to write for years.

Baby steps ya'll. A show can't turn around overnight. I look and appreciate little things. Some of you stay too focused on certain things ... lol .... We're never going to have Labine again, or even *shudders to my core* Guza. I'll take what I see as effort by the new guy to turn things around.

I'm far more entertained than I've been in quite a while ... it just depends on how you choose to approach the show. You could continue to hate against it because that's how it's been or you can give it a shot. I guess I've just accepted where we are and that I'll take what I can get.

And guess who hasn't been on in what feels like weeks? Franco.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Another awesome post @KMan101!

I'm liking it a lot more now because things are finally happening! You can only watch Brad panicking to himself, or Ava talking to a psychic or people crying at Oscar's rock so many times before you say, "OK, enough." Practically every storyline has had some kind of action in it since O'Connor came on and I'm impressed.

I thought the introduction of Gladys was turning out to be like Chris and Dan's own version of the Kendra story-a pointless scene filler that ultimately will have no effect on anyone or anything. But Brando turning out to be alive has really given it a new dynamic.

Anna and Finn did get a little boring, but things are starting to pick up for them too. I have mixed feelings about them as a couple though. And I'm still hoping that it'll turn out that Peter is Alex's son and that Anna just had the memory.

Julian's schemes, which led to Lucas' accident, And Nelle being released from Pentonville were the shots in the arm that the Wiley story needed. I'm a big fan of those huge umbrella storylines on soaps that involve so many characters and have so many layers to them, and I think this is turning into one of those. When the truth finally comes out, I hope nothing is ever the same again for every character involved. 

As for Franco, the less he's on, the better. I'm hoping Liz has an affair with Nikolas, which kind of makes me a hypocrite because I hated Liz for a long time after she cheated on Lucky with him lol. But we'll see.

All in all, 2020 is shaping up to be a good year for GH. I hope this momentum continues.

You'd think after all these years Frank would realize that and send RH packin', but when you're a pet you get a free pass, no matter how lousy you are.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I know we have mobsters as the main characters but does it seem like they're giving Julian "I'm about to be written out" writing or is it just me? He's now tried to kill and drug Brad within the span of just a few months. It's obvious ABC/Nancy doesn't want to touch Julexis again, but they've kept him on for years just to tease the Julexis viewers and keep them from from jumping ship. They wrote Kim off (and thank God, no offense to Tamara). Lucas will never forgive him for all the sh!t he's pulled. So...what's the point? Cut the dead weight. Deuces, Jules!

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

FV has been trying to dump WdV for years. The murder plot against Alexis was one of many attempts, but the vocal fanbase saved him via the network. It's clear NLG has wanted no more of Julian since. But after so many reprieves, I'll only believe he's out when he's gone six months.