GH February 2020 Discussion

• Members

I recall seeing a scene on YouTube some time ago between the wonderful Jane Elliott as Tracy and Laura Wright as Carly.  I don't remember all the details, but Carly was being vile to Lulu and Tracy stepped in and put Carly in her place in epic fashion.  I don't think a scene like that would have happened on today's GH.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carly acknowledged she was a hypocrite. LOL. I think it's completely in character to make everything about her. She was STILL doing it when Lucas and Bobbie were in the kitchen with her. LOL. Unfortunately, Laura Wright's Carly doesn't make you feel for her like Sarah Brown would. JMO.

And agreed that up until around 2010/2011 she was called out and was still acting like a vile bitch. LOL. But then Ron and Frank came onboard and she was neutered for a long time.

I disliked we had to spend an hour listening to her and I about fell over when Bobbie and Lucas finally spoke but I totally think it's in character for Carly to make it all about her.

Anywho ... Nelle is batshit crazy and I love it. I kinda thought she'd get away with Wiley but nope. I lol'd as she painted Brad as the villain and her as the victim deliberately in front of the officer, who was clearly listening. lol.

I'm kinda more entertained than I have been in a long time but hooo boy, the show the last week or two hasn't been the best. For a secret that lasted over a year, the Wiley reveal felt a little rushed, personally. I feel like they wanted to drag things out a little longer but were told to wrap it up. I wonder if interference is already starting? Unless they were just ready to move on like we all were. But it absolutely could have still been dragged out.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think even legally for guardianship to change, you'd need a DNA test.  They all just fall in line with a narrative that really can't be proven without the test, and I realize we saw what happened, but not characters in the soap.

• Members

Willow was great yesterday. Her scenes were heartbreaking, and I really think Katelyn McMullen has grown a lot as an actress over the past year. I do like Chase and Willow together, but I hope she tries to spend more time with Wiley and ultimately Michael which would finally cause some conflict between the three of them and Sasha.

It was also great seeing Monica so happy for a change. Taking a selfie with all her boys was one of those cheesy but nice soap family moments that you don't really see on a soap anymore.

My fingers are crossed that Elizabeth and Nikolas have an affair. What would make it even greater is if Franco acting like a douchebag when it comes to Nik's relationships with Liz, and with Ava too ends up being the reason that Liz cheats.

And as for Carly, I understand the whole "Mama Bear protecting her cubs no matter how old they are" thing, but when she's doing that, sometimes she just comes off as such a pain in the ass.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree about Carly. They call her Snarly for a reason. LOL. I think it's just how Laura Wright plays her, like you just want to smack Carly across the face no matter what she says. LOL

I feel like the seeds are being planted to bust up some of these awful couples like Sonny/Carly and Franco/Liz but I refuse to believe Frank allows that long-term. Not sure why these couples have been decreed to be together forever. Truthfully, Franco/Ava and Liz/Nikolas have far more chemistry together and it was evident yesterday. Maura/Roger really seem to enjoy working together. In scenes with her is the ONLY time I can somewhat tolerate Franco. Somewhat. Roger is at least checked in with her.

I do agree the actress playing Willow has grown a lot. I just don't care about Willow. I really do want to. I should have been affected by her and I'm just not. Yet I was near tears when Lucas was giving Wiley to Michael

Please register in order to view this content

I know we need new characters but I just don't care about her like I should. Meh. Maybe if she were Lucy's daughter instead ... I'd rather watch Lucas with Bobbie, but of course both are recurring so no followup ...

I definitely think we're getting Michael/Willow. You know she'll mother Wiley and it will cause conflict for Sasha and Chase. You can already see the seeds being set. Michael all "I'm not enough" etc. Meh, lol. Willow feels like another Sabrina except I do like Willow ten times more and wasn't as shoved down my throat. Problem is all four of them are pretty boring. Why aren't they bothering to show Sasha and Lucy at work? I want to care but they don't let us. I'm not sure why they put the Sasha actress on contract if all she's gonna do is hold Michael's hand.

Did Emma get lost visiting people and Finn moving out? LOL. I hate how stories get focus for like a week or two and then vanish.

Speaking of that, Laura? Hello? Where'd she go? lol. 

I'm also a little miffed we didn't get Tracy/Monica. Did they use Leslie's appearances for Jane? I liked the selfie moment except everytime I see them together I want AJ alive. I just can't let that go. LOL

Just some random thoughts ...

I struggle to see them busting up couples that aren't working even though the stories are there for it. Just because it's felt like we've been in a vortex of suckage where couples are together no matter what. It's time for some drama and some splitting up.

I'd take Liz jumping Nikolas again if it means busting up Franco and Liz. It doesn't feel nearly as weird and creepy as it does with Tyler Christopher playing Nikolas.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I'm thinking we'll find out if whether or not Frank interfered in a few months or so. If the Nik/Liz and Franco/Ava stories continue, then there was no interference. If they basically have nothing to do with each other, then he interfered. 

Frank just has this raging hard on for RH, which I will never understand or like and if he has to turn Lucky into a deadbeat dad or send all other potential suitors for Liz packing, he's going to do it, no matter how tired fans are of the hard on lol. One of the few bright spots is that Liz never reached Ciara Brady levels of propping her serial killer.

Believe it or not, I actually liked Franco when James Franco played him. Out of all the GH villains that we've seen, I thought he was one of the best. He played it well. RH, if he's not trying to look menacing (which he fails miserably at), then he's trying to break the world record for most words said in a single minute. That's his only style. When I see him, I don't see Franco, I see Todd or Paul Ryan.

Switching gears, if Ryan Carnes is offered a contract, I hope he takes it. He's too good to appear only a few times a month. He was amazing in the scene when he had to give Wiley to Michael. I hope he's still featured a lot in the upcoming weeks, at least until he divorces Brad or finds out about Julian's treachery.

And you're correct about Willow. If they want to hire new actors, most of them really should play already established characters. Some brand new characters are fine, but last year GH was bursting at the seams with newbies lol

Edited by AbcNbc247