Y&R January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Chelsea sucks. The fact that she jumped between Nick and Adam so quickly is tacky as hell. Also, Connor is an annoying brat.

The Paul/Christine/Lauren/Michael scenes at Society were bad because these four characters should not be this chummy whatsoever.

Tessa continues to be deceitful

Lovely seeing Fen!

Wasn't a fan of the Abbott Christmas, but loved seeing Dinah again

NuChance needs to be recast pronto. Actor is smug and unlikable 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched the last couple of episodes (show looks much better on Amazon prime than the CBS watch app) and it definitely looks like they're getting rid of Tessa. I say good riddance

Chelsea is more watchable with Adam than Nick so I'm glad they ended that pairing for the new year. One thing I appreciate about MCE is she always comes to the acting table, Morrow doesn't so that made the whole Chick pairing such a failure for her.

I'm glad they took that wig off of MM but I miss how Mal let her wear it natural. This Billy pairing is dry she should just be Hillary. Feels like a last attempt for Jason Thompson

I like Summer and Kyle but not Theo (ew at Griffin anchoring him to the Brooks and Abbot's) or Lola. So this quad kind of sucks.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members

I've said from the beginning and people hated it - Jason Thompson is awful as Billy and the guy playing Adam is eating the show.  He has killed this show even more than Jason as Billy.  Either we need better writers or they both have to go.  No writer can save this show now.  Billy is horrible.  Adam is worse because he ate the show.  There's nothing that will bring the audience back.  It's done.  Show is over.  Just send off Nikki and Victor in a nice ceremony before the show ends. 

• Members

Nice to see Sharon Case get a story. 

I find Tessa somewhat more tolerable these days (small doses) but she still needs to go. A better actress would've been able to make me care, ditto Lola and her creepy smiling.

Watching Y&R today, I wish they never decided to go contemporary. I miss the slow burn and classical cues, and of course the towering performances. Yesterday's Y&R was timeless, today's Y&R is forgettable unfortunately.