Y&R January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sharon and her girls. That was awesome.

Pre-teen me would love a Nick and Sharon reunion -- a real one. But, I think they are fantastic friends and co-parents. Chemistry is chemistry, and they've got it at every level.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't watched the show in so long. But I do read recaps and see the pictures and occasional clip. Chelsea never gets any flack. Whoever said that her having to answer for choices would be better soap is correct.  

They clearly took what was to be Nate's story with Amanda and gave it to Billy. JT just isn't good in this role. I regret that mishael is stuck with him at the moment. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

The Young and the Chelsea.  Dreadfully boring.  Billy walking around talking into a phone (is anyone on the other end?) is tedious.

Sharon getting cancer is not the story I'd give her. JG's  "You get an illness! You get an illness!" never follows through.  She should have embarked on a hunt for her father, the story we've discussed a million times here.

Tessa's goodbye seems permanent from those scenes. Can Mariah get a real story now?

Now that Theo has been "accepted" by the Abbotts, how about a Brooks sister coming around?  (BTW, I mentioned this in my FB group in a post and Janice Lynde "Liked" it.)

Fen's addiction should be a bigger story, and the attraction between Jack and Lauren never should have been dropped.

I like that Devon and Nick have become friends as they work on New Hope, and including Elena and Nate in the clinic, but why not rely on Sharon  as a mental health worker? it beats giving her cancer....

Why were Kevin and Chloe brought back?

Amanda is a mess. Hopefully they give the character direction soon. Give her a job at New Hope and really put her in the mix with Nick, Nate and Devon.

NuChance sucks. Replace him. A sock puppet could do a better job.

Can Phallus stop running around talking about her Grand Penis er Phoenix?   Give her a tech job somewhere.  It's becoming a drinking game.

Isn't it time for Lola's liver to reject her?  Kyle should, the way she fawns over Theo.

Adam, Chelsea and their child of the corn should move to Kansas...

• Members

Well...lol

Do you think Adam and Chelsea have chemistry? 

I don't think the show wants Amanda in Nate's orbit. I mean, they did at first but the story has turned on a dime away from that.  It appears they want to use her to give the characters they really care about story, i.e Billy.  And they have Devon obsessed over her where she's not even aware of his existence half the time. 

Theo shouldn't have been so easily  accepted by Abbots. It seems there's more story available if he's not. 

I saw a clip of Abby and chance. I didn't hate it. But it still wasn't much. Seems like from what I read, Abby and chance are together so Phyllis and chance can get together. 

• Members

That was some good acting by Camryn Grimes and Cait Fairbanks on Y&R in quite some time (to my surprise and delight). I've never liked Tessa, but the goodbye scenes well done.  I'm not going to miss Tessa though if she is indeed gone.

Edited by StepBack

• Members

There are a number of YouTube accounts that visit graves of celebrities. (Everyone has to have a hobby, I guess!) One of those, Hollywood Graveyard, has a video up from last September and one of the gravesites he visits is the grave of Kristoff St. John. It starts @ 09:26 in this video. ETA: Per the video, his son, Julian, is also buried there:

Edited by Wendy

• Members

So I'm getting caught up on Y&R. I see they finally got rid of the terrible Amanda wig. And it looks like they're trying a Phyllis/Amanda friendship. I was a huge fan of Hillary and Phyllis together with Gina and the role, but I will say I actually did see a little bit of that chemistry with MS and MM. Not quite at the level of Gina and Mishael but the actresses did seem to believably enjoy each other's company.

NuChance is awful though. Awwwwful.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Sharon Case was stellar telling her girls about her diagnosis. I haven't been full of compliments for the show lately, but I appreciate how they had her telling Faith and Mariah separately. It really hit home, when someone sits you down and tells you they are sick. It's a range of pretty indescribable emotions. Kudos.