Y&R January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Out of all the storylines that were introduced in the past 10-13 years, the ones involving Chloe had to be the most disappointing ones. 

Chloe could have and should have been as important a character as Nick or Victoria Newman.  Named after Katherine Chancellor, born to Esther Valentine, Chloe could have been an illustration of the tensions of being privy to a life of affluence yet fully being fully aware that she is not a part of it, being the daughter of the maid to a wealthy society doyenne.  TPTB truly missed a chance to make an adolescent and maturing Chloe that "restless" part of "Y&R" as young adult Chloe fully comprehends class tensions and all that goes with this.  Chloe and "Chance" really should have at least grown up in each other's orbit with people like Jill intent to keep the dividing line between the daughter of "the help" away from the future scion of an influential family as Nina is at first supportive of a platonic friendship, then wary of a blossoming romance, as she worries that Chloe and her volatility will upend Chance's future.

It was all there, had anyone had an imagination.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I was sorry about the all over the place characterization. As a legacy character through Lauren/Sheila it was a shame they did not do more. But I like SOME of what they tried. 

As for the bold, in a perfect world that person could have been Ana.

Please register in order to view this content

But you are saying what we were discussing. That there are so many angles they could take with Fen now and even then...and boom. The story writes itself...which you just yourself did brilliantly. So sad that is not what is happening. 

• Members

I could've thought of a ton of other scenarios that wouldn't have involved Fen as a drug addict but I was going from what had already existed in Fen's recent history, now that it's been done.  Of course, someone could ignore it, at the risk of the integrity of the writing, which is what soaps often do which sets them up for ridicule.  Fen being an addict is not ideal but anyone who wants to write the character with any integrity can't ignore it. 

Had he just experimented, that would be one thing but it was big enough for him to go to rehab. Can't be ignored afaic.

• Members

I love how the computer-simulated man looks as if he can't make up his mind about what to order; and how the computer-simulated barista has her arms folded, as if to say, "For Christ's sake, IT'S JUST COFFEE!".