Y&R January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I happened to be at home and watched.

First of all, no Fen. 

Second of all, I can't believe that since I last regularly watched that everything seem so...lifeless. I was like WOW.

If I had to pick bias though I am I am Team Adam/Chelesa. I see potential there versus Chels with Adam.

OMG!!!! Faith has grown so much. We haven't had a child actor grow up on screen in a LOOONG time. 

Phyllis meh. lol. No way they should go there with her and Chance (over aged) until Nina is going to show up.

The story with Devon/Elena was just flat to me. They should be doing so much more.

Victoria/Billy. Yeeeah no. lol. But looks like Amanda is going to be mixed up in that so hmm

• Members

I would have rather seen a classic episode than the generic blandness they aired on Christmas and New Years. Y&R never takes a day off . B&B aired a rerun but it would have been a treat to see them dig deeper in the vault than 2018.

I guess its a plus though that it's 2020 and the Soaps are still with us but..they could do better.

• Members

Tried to watch again today - Adam is attending New Year's Eve, Chelsea and Adam Angst, will Nick and Adam get along?  Billy and "Amanda" who is really just the same character as Hillary.  YAWN.  This show is just existing at this point.  It's just kind of there.  I swear to God I'd take Chuck Pratt back now.  Any writer at this point.  Nothing happens on this show.  It's just sad to see an old friend die.  GL went downhill with production but we had THINGS going on.  World Turns was cancelled and was so much better than this.  

What happened to Genoa City Athletic Club?  Didn't people live there?  Wasn't Phyllis living there?  Where does she live now?   

• Members

I watched briefly today as I was bored and working from home.

Mishael as Amanda is dreadful. She seems bored out of her mind. There's no energy or life to her performance at all. They need to just make her Hillary like yesterday and get over this Amanda [!@#$%^&*].

I still don't understand how Chelsea ended back up with Nick instead of Adam since she was so damn in love with Adam when he got blown up. 

I don't like nuChance AT ALL.

• Members

Disagree completely about the NYE episode — A LOT happened. I’ve been highly critical of the show lately, but this was a great episode that was well-written, well-directed, well-produced, and had storyline turning points. I enjoyed it immensely.

• Members

I have been enjoying the past few episodes. Faith has really matured and is a sweet young lady. I like seeing her confide in her big sisters. Also, I am actually enjoying Adam/Chelsea right now. I am seeing chemistry between them and I think they have had some really romantic moments these past few episodes. I see chemistry between them and I am fine with them making their way back to each other and reuniting. I think that Adam needs a woman in his life. 

Also, I am glad that Fen is still around. He is so handsome and cute. He's both, lol. I wonder if anything else will happen while he's around outside of him interacting with his family. I think that the new guy Tanner seems fine so far. I am liking his personality, he seems like he might be a bit soulful. It's interesting that he is Tessa's ex-husband and I wonder what backstory there may be regarding them and their marriage/it ending. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

People write books about what is not happening on Y& R .  They’ll write days about it and there isn’t anything to see here.  It’s really the same with DAYS. GH and B&B.  Bring back The Chew, Bring on Drew Barrymore and Jen Anniston’s new talk show 

• Members

I have to agree that the show is boring as hell and there's not even character development. It's just slow. It's messy and slow which seems oxymoronic. 

SN: they really need to toss out that ugly ass Amanda wig they have on Mishael Morgan. It's doing her no favors.