B&B August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hope the issues between Hunter Tylo and Brad Bell aren't true.  I actually like Taylor and think she's needed on the show.  When her two children are arguably driving all the story it makes no sense for her not to be involved.  I just didn't care much for the way she's been written and used.  And her absence at this time just further ruins the character.

• Members

Further ruins? Brad Bell has been destroying all these characters for 15 years. There is very little value in being the last person on a sinking ship. I know some soap fans really believe in the "band was playing as the ship went down" mantra like there is some reward for being on a show when it is cancelled but I kind of believe at this point that people should gtf off the boat when you see its tanking (meaning she probably should have never agreed to return after she quit in 2002 since she has acknowledged that the show has stunk since 2001).

This really applies to all vets on all the soaps now. There is very little value in returning to soaps in 2019 unless you need money - its gauranteed the quality of the material will be terrible lets be honest.  

Edited by Vizion

• Members

Lisa Peluso strikes me as an oddly brilliant idea. I don’t know if she’d thrive in this shrill, histrionic version of Taylor of recent years, but she has innate charisma and toughness that can survive bad writing (IMO), which obviously she’d need to do.

• Members

God I saw a clip from yesterday - this show.  So bad.  Did Hope really say that Thomas was just trying to apologize?  LOLLLLL.  The guy who got into a fistfight with Liam, drug her to the roof to kidnap her, kept dead baby switch a secret, fooled her into marriage (keep list going)....but Thomas was just trying to apologize, Mom. 

Please let Thomas die and find a way to take Hopeless with him. 

And Ridge bellowing about it not being an accident.  You mean the way you shoved Bill off a balcony and calling it an accident because your whore of a daughter slept with him?  LOLLLLLL. 

• Members

I think if they ever replace Hunter Julie could be a good recast. I agree that she the right look (and IMO she's pretty.) I think that she could come across believable enough as Steffy's mom. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yep, Julie Pinson

JULIE PINSON

GENERAL HOSPITAL      Dr. Eve Lambert Collins  1997-2002

PORT CHARLES     Dr. Eve  Lambert-Collins  1997-2002

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS   Shiloh   2004

DAYS OF OUR LIVES   Billie Reed Brady  2004-08

AS THE WORLD TURNS   Janet Ciccone Snyder   2008-10

• Members

Hunter might be a trainwreck at time, but a highly entertaining one. And I don’t think it is her that is keeping Taylor away from LA. If B&B calls and pays good money, she is always coming back. Taylor vs Brooke is KKL vs HT. No need to change actresses; they have proven this year again that they are still a gold mine.