B&B August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some outdoor scenes like this is what I wish DAYS would incorporate. It's not a big "location shoot" but it helps make the show feel "bigger." Right now, it feels like the world of DAYS always takes place some place with the width of six feet.

• Members

Really not trying to be nit-picky here.  The rooftop scenes indeed look beautiful.  But I was a tiny bit distracted by a Chase Bank sign popping up in the background.  LOL!

Isn't there supposed to be a location shoot this summer?  Certainly this wasn't what they were talking about, right?

• Members

I though that Katherine Kelly Lang did a really solid job today portraying Brooke's reaction to finding out the truth about Beth. I thought her reaction was realistic and that she did a solid job of showing how angry, disgusted & in disbelief Brooke was to learn what the others did to keep the truth about Beth a secret. 

OTOH,  I thought Zoe's reaction came across as fake. 

• Members

I thought that today's scenes where Steffy was breaking down over the thought of Beth going home with Hope were interesting. I thought that Hope handled that as well as she could. She offered to have Steffy be apart of Beth's life as much as possible, but also stood up for herself. By saying that Beth is her baby and that she needs to be with her. She does.

And also saying that Beth's name is Beth and not Phoebe. And telling Steffy that she is not her surrogate.  Steffy was crying and crying and umm..... I could understand that she'd  would be upset, but I was with Hope here. Beth needs to go home with Hope. They can do the transitional period like Hope suggested but nonetheless Beth needs to go home with Hope. 

Ridge is something else, suggesting that Beth stay with Steffy and go along with her suggestion of Hope "being kind of a mother" to her. He really doesn't act like he cares that much about Hope at times.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I streamed W-F episodes because they looked the best. In what seems like a first for B&B - effective, emotional and significant fallout after a major story. Too often B&B has the big build-up for weeks/months and then the story is gone in like 2 episodes - rarely to be spoken of again. 

But I'm realistic, how many times next week will we hear:

Stuffy: "This is the ONLY home she's ever known/She's MY daughter!"

Widge: "Don't forget, Stuffy is the real victim here."

Brooke: "Beth belongs with Dope."

Dope: "Her name is BETH!"

Flo/Zoe: "I wanted to tell the truth/My father did it to protect me/Reese lied."

Lame: "Um, Um, yeah, OK."

I don't mind AN as an actor - considering how heavy and dark Dope's stories have been since she arrived. I do wonder how Kim Matula would've handled this storyline. I always thought she was extremely underrated - and based on her post-B&B work - I think I'm right.