Recasts on shows: good, bad, in between

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her Dinah was an ingenure.

The original Dinah (Jennifer G) was tall and more rough around the edges.  Gina T's Dinah was closer in regards to being rough around the edges to the original Dinah.

My mom used to say it was jarring going from wendy M's Dinah..who was more feminine and resembled Maeve Kinkaid...to Gina's Dinah..who wasn't.

• Members

Yea, the first Dinah was a big strapping girl with a bit of a tude..and then they recast with Paige, who I think was meant to fill the "Beth" void.  I actually think Gina actually played her like she was raised by carneys...she was tough and rough but still played her heart.

• Members

I liked Gatti. I thought her being rough made sense being a part of a traveling circus or carnival. Paige's Dinah bored me. I think they were going for the good girl with the bad boy (Alan Michael) and it just didn't work for me. I loved Wendy and Gina, but the show messed the character up by going psycho over Hart. They more than rose above the bad writing handed to them 

• Members

Turco's not untalented but very often got pegged for very bland girlfriend/mother roles over the years, and she was a much blander April O'Neill in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies (of all things!!) than the original, Judith Hoag. Thank you for reading the post dedicated to my never getting over the TMNT April recast.