Recasts on shows: good, bad, in between

• Members

THIS^^^

Even Kim Stewart Hughes begrudgingly agrees, and she hated the bitch, Kiddo!

What’s funny is, Cooke is younger than Vigard. 

Unfortunate recasting, but what choice did they have?  Vigard couldn’t get her act together and Cooke was gorgeous and appealing. It was odd that Vigard did the wedding and Cooke did the honeymoon, but…

Besides, John Wesley Shipp twirling Jennifer Cooke around the dance floor at Wired For Sound during the Disco Theme is pure bliss to me. 

I followed Cooke to prime time on V and A YEAR IN THE LIFE. I really liked her. Remember she was actually dating Robert Newnan (Josh) IRL. Later she quit acting and married the owner of Celestial Teas and wrote a “cooking with tea” cookbook. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not liking someone (a performer) does not meant that the performer is a poor recast.

I was going to ask you before you replied, just which actress who had played Dr. Susan Burke Stewart before Marie Masters was recast in the role is it that you preferred in the role?

• Members

I appreciate when people remember this amount of detail about a performer.  Also, I would never have imagined she was younger than Kristen, although she looked less mature for her part as the half alien in V.

You inspired a bit of google deep dive and I came up with an article that summed up the changes in the character after the recast.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Is Linsey Godfrey As Sarah Horton A Recast??? I read about Sarah's Conception in 1981 via Artificial Insemination, and found it interesting and surprisingly Ahead of it's time, But Godfrey is 7 years younger than that, and only came on 2018, Did Sarah ever been played by another "Adult" Actress? By the 1970's Standards DOOL Was The SORAS champion way worse than B&B, but I wonder about the 1980's/90's

• 5 months later...
  • Members

The only actress in the role of "Aunt" Liz Matthews that I saw was the late Irene Daily.

However, I know that she was a great recast.   She certainly seemed to please Harding Lemay in the role.

(The other actresses who had played the role were Sarah Cunningham, Nancy Wickwire and Audra Lindley.)

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Maybe I was too young but I actually enjoyed and loved Grayson McCouch as Dusty Donovan on Atwt. I don’t get the hate he got

Please register in order to view this content

Grayson was one of the better actors at daytime back then and I loved with so much between 2005-2008