Recasts on shows: good, bad, in between

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And they have a playlist!

Ok I'm subscribing on this channel, also why you "Dread" Philece? I loved her on both AW and Dool

You're joking but I would've loved to see that, just hope this doesn't turn into a urban legend like Maeve McGuire as Vanessa Chamberlain 

• Members

I always wondered if GH Dawn was abandoned because they couldn't get the casting correct, which is why it is amazing to me that YR Sharon has lasted so long.

I mean Dawn could have sub'ed for every story that Emily had as a young adult, given that they were both ista-Quartermaine women.

But, with Sharon, it is a quandary because none of the actresses had a particularly different take on the character, (unlike some of the short-lived Daniel's), and none of them were noticeably bad actresses, so it seems like the Y&R casting department screen tested during episodes rather than prior to filming.

• Members

Sharon #1 Monica Potter admits she was so green

Sharon #2 Heidi Mark was actually 1st choice but not available at first, but got the role when Potter left

Not sure why we got Sharon Case as Sharon #3 but Case only expected to play the role for six months as she was waiting word on S2 of Valley of the Dolls. But that show got canned and Case signed a long term deal. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok So This will only Be avaliable Friday but anyway i Share here in advance because i Believe it will be an interesting 50/50, If i remember correctly the reunion of the Brooks Sisters Has 2 Original Actresses and 2 Recasts so nice chance to compare the Chemistry, it's a Pity There's So Little of Chris and Peggy Brooks around, never saw anything with Recast Chris, Lynne Top i think nor Original Peggy so i'm counting on this Community's Elders for Opinions too

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Slight correction. Three of the Brooks sisters were originals: Jaime Lyn Bauer (Lorie), Trish Stewart (Chris), Pamela Peters (Peggy). Victoria Mallory (Leslie) was the recast. Janice Lynde (original Leslie) was on One Life to Live in 1984.