Makes me wonder why they didnt go with Lloyd Bochner

The role of AW's Felecia as well

Edited by John

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of Jaime Lyn Bauer being offered a role that ultimately went to Susan Flannery, and I never saw JLB as Laura on Days, another piece of casting that seems so wrong. Of course the role of Stephanie would have been reshaped around whichever star they were able to sign.

Now Lauri on Y&R was in many ways the younger (emphasize younger) version of Susan Seaforth's Julie on Days, a beautiful vixen who was neurotic and self-destructive and sometimes harmful to others, yet basically sympathetic with an inner desire to overcome her weaknesses. Bill Bell understood this kind of woman well, and wrote great material for SSH and JLB to play. Each had a sympathetic man (Jed Allan's Don Craig, Tom Hallick's Brad Elliott) who tried to help her, was very attracted to her, but did not end up with her.

Neither Susan Oliver nor Rosemary Forsyth really worked as Laura, and there was the additional problem that because supercouple Laura and Bill were married, the writers had to find a way to break them up without alienating the audience or move Laura and Bill into the background or write them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

two of the best recasts on The Bold and the beautiful:

Justin Torkildsen as Rick Forrester

Winsor Harmon as Thorne Forrester

Those two were so outstanding and i really loved them. I never cared for Jacob Young and enjoyed Justin so much more. Jacob will always be loved by me on AMC but not on B&B.

General Hospital:

Natalia Livingston as Emily Quartermaine... I liked the original one but Natalia took over my heart in an instant.

I always understood why KS was beloved as Maxie in the past but i am so over her by now. I really liked her break between 2010/11 when Jen Lilley took over.

I will always love Kristen for her portayal of that character Belle on Days but i am over her on GH.. Hell i even enjoyed Molly Burnetts short stint in July 2016. It seems to me that with Kristens Maxie we will never get any character developement at all.

• Members

Ellen Dolan is always going to be Margo to me. But, I've seen clips of both Margaret Colin & Hillary Bailey Smith, and both ladies did quite well in the role, as well. I can see how Dolan was cast after Smith, and why they almost brought Smith back to replace Dolan after Glynnis O'Connor did not work out.