The Talk: Discussion Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I found this thread just to see what had been posted about Morales.  I never watched The Talk regularly, and because I loved World Turns it always naturally rubbed me the wrong way.  I remember seeing a clip of the show a few months in or 6 months or a year in or something and they outwardly were talking about their improved ratings in the timeslot for CBS.  I wanted to throw things at my TV when I saw and heard that.  Like, don't talk about how you're doing against the other networks, they made it a POINT to talk about how they were improved over the show that got cancelled on their OWN network.  Your own network isn't really your competition if you're winning your timeslot.  I hate The Talk.

• Members

How bad are things at NBC that Natalie Morales is accepting an offer from The Talk? Their halcyon days when they were getting big name guests over The View are long gone. The Talk was dead last in the daytime ratings this past year. I can't imagine that even CBS will give them many more chances if their revamped version doesn’t work out.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So, The Talk did show today about the Soap Hub Awards featuring: Steve Burton doing a tribute to Stuart Damon, and Jacqueline Macinnes Woods announcing her pregnancy and nobody on this board watched it (including me)?

It is the daytime talkshow version of a tree falling in the woods with nobody there to hear it.

Edited by j swift

• Members

If this episode somehow turned in an equal to larger number of viewers than the Daytime Emmys, I propose that we officially retire the old discussion commentary of actors needing to add a certain scene to their emmy reel, because clearly all soap awards are meaningless.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

They have the advantage that there’s nothing left to replace them with. Absolutely nothing. We’re down to Drew Barrymore coming back reduced from 1 hour to 1/2 an hour, no Ellen and everyone already wondering what is going to take up all this space.  We’re already facing a threat of 1 hour of B&B lollll

• Members

I watched The Talk when Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood, Aisha Tyler, and Julie Chen were on board. I wasn't aware of the Sharon Osbourne drama, but weird that she would say the things she said towards Julie and Sara. Her husband and daughter are huge fans of RuPaul's Drag Race. Wow. 

Edited by Noel

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Okay, so I just watched Bold and Beautiful, and this talk show follows immediately. Is this like their "new thing"? Where the hosts come out and high five the audience and Jerry O'Connell acts like a doofus? He's not even funny. 

• 3 months later...