The Talk: Discussion Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

There still hasn't been an official statement from CBS or Carrie Ann either way (though the longer she's out, the less likely her coming back is). Personally,I think CBS should do a complete rehaul of the format and set...and change the show's title. Once they decided to add a man full-time, it was no longer The Talk as it always was.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Just announced: she’s leaving. Lame that it was announced on a Friday night like a political scandal, but CAI probably just wants to put this show behind her.

JMHO a co-ed panel is a smart move when there are so many View clones on daytime TV (and Kelly and Ryan is a great example of a female-male duo being successful—I think people like having the interplay of both genders represented and there are so many conversations on these shows where the absence of a male perspective is strongly felt). I just don’t have much faith in this particular show and these particular people.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

That was probably the most anticlimactic, non-surprising announcement ever. Did anyone not see this coming? 

Please register in order to view this content

It's a shame, really, because she did bring a lot of sunshine in those first couple of years. Through her, I learned more about autoimmune diseases. I both cried for her and cheered for her as she shared her story of overcoming sexual abuse. She and Sheryl seemed to have a real bond (and I'm sorry that things seemed to turn sour between them). Anyway, I wish Carrie Ann well as she turns the page on this show.

As far as co-ed panels go, I like Daily Blast Live a lot. Their set looks more like a newsroom, and they have many enlightening discussions on current events. As far as The Talk goes, they have replaced hosts every year since 2017. In just the past 12 months, they've had to make four host changes (Marie, Eve, Sharon and now Carrie Ann. This show is gutted.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, and they really focused a lot of attention on Elaine (whom I increasingly found an iffy fit for this particular format). The new Project Runway season is coming soon.

CBS is a shitshow with a few exceptions (like The Equalizer).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I've known about Elaine before she became nationally relevant and I felt like that EIC job at Teen Vogue was a sinking ship that she kept it  afloat iand then some. She successfully transition Teen Vogue when cease print publication due to declining sales to a high traffic social media machine. 

• Members

Akbar Gbajabiamila, who co-hosts American Ninja Warrior, has been named a new co-host of The Talk. I actually like Akbar a lot, but not enough to tune in:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/the-talk-akbar-gbajabiamila-co-host-1235007684/

I just hope Sheryl can keep her cool:

Please register in order to view this content