Chris B

Y&R: Popular Character Recast (Confirmed)

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

I know many will be excited, but I find this character so tired and I dread him returning to repeat the same story he always has. I’d much have preferred a Keemo return if they wanted to do a black sheep story and finally give Jack a fresh storyline. Now just gotta hope this doesn’t mean Chelsea boring ass is also back. 

Adam is a strange character. They forgot about him for almost 20 years and then when they aged him up it's like they can't rid themselves of him. As if the show can't go on without his involvement. It's very odd.

And yeah this guy looks like a gigolo.

Edited by Darn

37 minutes ago, Eboneece said:

The Muhney stans are going insane. It is both delicious and pathetic.

LOL. Of course they are. They really need to understand that Michael Muhney will NEVER be Adam again. They aren't going there. They just won't. And he was always creepy in the role. Just saying ...

9 minutes ago, Darn said:

Adam is a strange character. They forgot about him for almost 20 years and then when they aged him up it's like they can't rid themselves of him. As if the show can't go on without his involvement. It's very odd.

And yeah this guy looks like a gigolo.

LOL he does. And I agree. It's as if the show can't go on without his involvement. It's bizarre. And many fans act like this, that the show can't go on without him. It's so weird.

That is definitely not a flattering picture. At. All.  Justin Hartley was the better of the Adams for me (the first actor has faded from my memory) but then again, pretty much anyone was better than Muhney.  

Honestly, I don't know why Y&R keeps trying with this character.  Meanwhile, how many Abbotts have they killed, disabled or sent away? 

If anyone should be revived from death, it should be Colleen Carlton, Traci should have her daughter back and with J.T. lurking, it would've made perfect sense!  Which is probably why Y&R would never do it.

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

That is definitely not a flattering picture. At. All.  Justin Hartley was the better of the Adams for me (the first actor has faded from my memory) but then again, pretty much anyone was better than Muhney.  

Honestly, I don't know why Y&R keeps trying with this character.  Meanwhile, how many Abbotts have they killed, disabled or sent away? 

If anyone should be revived from death, it should be Colleen Carlton, Traci should have her daughter back and with J.T. lurking, it would've made perfect sense!  Which is probably why Y&R would never do it.

lol

I definitely think MAB let her deranged view on her family skew her hatred towards the characters of Brad and Colleen. JMO. I always hate it when writers take it out on characters when they associate it with real life.

I still live in a dream world where Brad (and of course Colleen and even Cassie) was never killed and we aren't subjected to 10 years of Stallion Dollar Bill on B&B. I also still live in a dream world where Heather Tom and Amelia Heinle switched places and were in the roles they should be in .... and where Victoria Rowell wasn't banned from the show ... and Tognoni wasn't playing a butched up version of Phyllis who's ten years younger than she should be ... sigh. Anywho ...

Edited by KMan101

Just what Y&R and its fans needed: another new "actor" who looks like your contact when you're looking to score more meth.

6 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Ugh...I’m not looking forward to Adams umpteenth resurrection...

this is guy should have been Phillip. (Chance) 

It was a huge mistake to kill him a second time in such a short period of time.  It just compounded the error of getting a popular actor for a year.  I don't like moRon, but the one thing he did right was give Chabby a happy ending.  If they are leaving the show, let them leave together.  Every exit does not have to be a dramatic event.  

Chadam should have left together with their son.  

That reminds me of Linda Dano, who once asked rhetorically during an interview, "Why can't soap characters just leave town anymore," or words to that effect.

54 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

I really enjoyed Hartley in the role. But Adam isn’t needed.

I don't watch, but because JM was a colossal failure as the charismatic edgy son of Victor Newman, Adam is needed.  Hopefully, he can act and can shake that "looking for Kevin Spacey" vibe!  

Just now, Khan said:

That reminds me of Linda Dano, who once asked rhetorically during an interview, "Why can't soap characters just leave town anymore," or words to that effect.

She's absolutely correct!

Soapsuds was right: JM wasn't capable of a character transformation of that magnitude.

6 hours ago, Eboneece said:

This recast would de-age the character by about a decade. Grossman was born in 1987. 

Muhney made Adam look way too old.  This guy looks the part...can he act is the question.  

4 hours ago, Eboneece said:

The Muhney stans are going insane. It is both delicious and pathetic.

I LOVE IT!  

9 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Muhney made Adam look way too old.  This guy looks the part...can he act is the question. 

Although a Lifetime Movie Network movie ("Double Mommy") is hardly Shakespeare in Central Park, the answer to your question is a resounding nope.

Well other than seeing Adam back to being the YOUNGER Newman brother again, I really don't think he's needed.

It just makes me sad that I had stopped watching Y&R right before JH took over as Adam. 

This character is played out and it was ruined by MM in the role. I only loved Adam when the original actor played him.