Y&R: Popular Character Recast (Confirmed)

• Members

Same. I enjoyed him very much as well. But he isn't needed. 

And on another note, I see some fans bitching already that he's "younger" (the actor is in his 30s) than Sharon Case. I mean, heaven forbid there's a 10 year age difference ... lawd. The focus and worry some people have is kind of mind boggling. Some stans worry about the most ridiculous things like this. Soap twitter is really something else ...

The actor is also being dismissed already (for a variety of reasons, one being his supposed political stance based on who he follows ... LOL)

It's also bizarre the stans want Adam to be in his 40s when the dude is supposed to be WAY younger than Nick and Victoria (so I'm glad they aged him back some). But then again, Billy Abbott shouldn't look like he's pushing 50 either ...

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Muhney definitely ruined the role for me. As did the absolutely vile and horrid writing by MAB.

Yep. Chelsea and Adam should have just been sent out of town together. To be fair, Chelsea still isn't needed as a character. They could have brought them both back now and killed off Chelsea ala Ron having Cole and Starr's kid offed to free her up. Not saying the kid, but just Chelsea. It would provide story. I just dread another round of pointless Chelsea (Chelsea COULD be interesting but they made her a stepford wife, at least Mal livened her up a bit, as much as I hate the man's writing and he was smart in dumping her)

And I guess Adam is "needed" (possibly subjective there ...), if we feel Victor "needs" an "edgy" son (meh, it always felt like hollow conflict, same with Nicholas; why do they have to combat each other? I don't really find that at all interesting), because yes indeed does Morrow fail at that. Hard. HARD fail.

One of the only smart things Mal the Horrible did was leave Adam off the canvas and dump Chelsea ... (and he finally did what no one else would do: dump Kevin ... mostly at least). Rikaart is a much better fit on DAYS. I know the Y&R cast seems to stan Rikaart, and I think he can absolutely be a great actor (well, compared to many on my screen at the moment, even if it is sometimes chewing the scenery), but no one seemed to want to admit Kevin was a failure and should have been axed years and years ago. Nothing against Rikaart but Kevin never should have lasted so long. Liking an actor doesn't mean the character should stick around past their expiration date ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Well if he's MAGA supporting as some on Twitter are freaking out about (it's because of who he follows, apparently ...social media is so bizarre, honestly), let's hope he keeps it to himself. I miss the days of never really knowing who leaned where politically. I personally don't need to know every little thing about the actors playing characters on shows and movies I watch. But anywho ... I'm not judging him on who he follows and I think it's a jump for those on Twitter beating the "OMG he must be an awful MAGA supporter because he follows so and so" ... Folks are so quick to jump now with a reaction ... how many times do we see everyone outraged but then more of the 'story' comes out and people jumped the gun ... anywho ... social media rant over

Please register in order to view this content

But yeah, he can't be any worse. Muhney was always overrated IMO. But then again, we live in a world where women and men write love letters to killers and pedophiles in prison so ... not surprised Muhney still has his stans beating his drum and causing a stir. It's kind of sad.

Ugh. Now I'm remembering why I resisted Twitter for so long ... it really has created a toxic environment. Everyone wants to have a witty one liner, meme, gif, shade that gets thousands of likes ... I mean, I love some good shade and snark and bitchy comment here and there but it's been overboard for a long time now. I need to stay off of that thing ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Twitter is mostly garbage as a whole - I have learned to use it more for individual things but soaps in particular have toxic followings and toxic fans. 

If he is a Trump supporter then I have nothing good to say about him (I don't think I've had anything good to say about him anyway), but Muhney was just so so awful in every way, and not just oncamera either if rumors are true.