Y&R: Popular Character Recast (Confirmed)

• Members

Agree with what most are saying.

It was inevitable that Adam would return and it has been over 2 years but still feels too soon to me.

And the actor looks creepy.

Adam was a bust since Day 1.

He should have come in as a teen and we could have witnessed his move to the dark side over a few years.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed. It's a dark rabbit hole to fall into. 

Re: MAGA.  So far, the only soap star I've unfollowed due to his retweets and likes that I'd see is Winsor Harmon.  Loved him as Thorne, but no. (Besides, he's also one of those dudes in his mid-50's who's convinced himself he still has the body of a twentysomething, but it aint a pretty sight anymore. But I digress...) 

... So is Yani Gellman returning as Rafe, too?  Maybe Adam's been doing some soul-searching... 

• Members

why do they keep making Adam younger and younger? This guy is 32, apparently. 

Please register in order to view this content

also, it's weird they wouldn't hire a "name" for the role, considering how much airtime he's likely to eat up... unless they are taking the character in a new direction?

• Members

at being Kyle's adversary (Noah should be Kyle's rival .... if they bothered to write for him ... but they have no interest in him it seems ... sorry, siderant ... lol)

and true at the Sharon relationship thing ... but I guess Sharon likes robbin' that cradle  lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It has always been my fervent wish Brad be brought back and along with Colleen.  It always has been and hasn't changed. 

I also would be ok with Heather Tom back with Victoria.  It would probably be better for the show. 

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

It would be. But so many are "stop whining about Heather Tom" (not on here, but a few ...) lol. We whine and want her back because she actually embodied the role and gave incredible performances. Over a decade and I STILL want her back. That should honestly say a lot.

Heinle has been checked out since she debuted and that hasn't changed. I see a "well, I'm used to her" ... no, you shouldn't just "be used to her" ... and I lol'd seeing people think she did such an amazing job. I just find her dull as a dishrag. She has some OK moments but Victoria as written just isn't what I want Victoria to be. Victoria should be fierce. Not a crying doormat. Heinle seems to have forgotten how to be tough and fierce. She's good for some roles (she'd be great as crying doormat Katie! See, Tom even elevates Katie just because of her acting choices). But then again, some folks prefer quiet, "understated" actresses like Heinle and Marci Miller to more "scenery chewing" Tom and Kate Mansi. But I look at Tom and Mansi as actually, you know, investing and making an effort. Heinle and Marci Miller bore me to tears. I've found them similar. (Though Miller was far more checked in and did try, just wasn't my preferred choice for Abby; the writing didn't help, of course; the writing improved instantly when Mansi came back). I'd probably greatly enjoy Marci Miller on a Lifetime or Hallmark movie or in a primetime role. But I think soap acting does involve a tiny bit of scenery chewing from time to time, I guess. It's all about "selling it" ...

And I don't care if Heinle won an Emmy. So did Natalia Livingston and Grandma Boring from AMC. It's not a high mark anymore ...

I mean, I never disliked Heinle on any other soap ... she just isn't Victoria to me. Was I wrong in thinking she was more 'alive' in her other roles? I really do feel she's been checked out. More so after Miller exited. IDK. She's just never worked for me.

It seems so obvious that Heather is better as Victoria and Heinle would be more suited for Katie on B&B. But at least Tom earns some Emmy's for B&B so there's that. I bet Heinle would have been dumped years ago if she were playing Katie ... just saying ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Wouldn't Chloe have to come back?  I remember after the cabin blew up there was one brief scene of someone looking through blurry eyes at Chloe and she said something like, "hey there sunshine."  It was a very brief scene just one day...but made it appear that she had arranged the cabin explosion but then got him out so that everyone would think he was dead.  Like, so where has she been keeping him all this time?  They'll probably just ignore that they did that.