Y&R: Popular Character Recast (Confirmed)

• Members

I think Joshua Morrow works when written correctly as the younger male counter point to Nikki. He doesn’t work in business or as a big bad. I feel like recasting Adam again serves no purpose. They will tell the same old tired story with him like they always do. If they really wanna tell this story again it should be with Keemo, which would never happen. 

Also, Twitter has a rumor floating around that they’re looking to recast Chelsea which makes this even more irritating. The only character less needed than Adam is Chelsea. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Recasting Chelsea? No thanks. Probably wanting someone younger to match the new Adam. MCE looks fantastic but they aren't pairing her with the new guy. I'm not really surprised at the idea of a recast. I don't want it. But not surprising when you think about it.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Bring it! Nick should be married to Sharon and sleeping with Grace and any other young floozy he can find. Nick works best in emotional scenarios. Watching him try to make his brain function in a business story makes MY head hurt. 

• Members

There will likely be another custody battle on the horizon for Sully/Christian. JM is fabulous with kids. Victor taking Christian away from Nick last year around this time was some of the best work JM has done IMO.

To this day, I don't buy him as a business mogul. Never have. Nick wanted a truck as a teenager, not a sports car. That's why Adam is the perfect adversary for Nick -- Ivy league school, business pedigree, but didn't have dad's approval. Nick -- the opposite of that.

• Members

You read my mind.

I would have brought Chelsea back and immediately offed her in a car crash as Adam and Nick grunt and fight over the kid. The character is still pointless but I'm sort of open to a recast. Chelsea doesn't *have* to be dull; they just made her a stepford wife and then shoved her with Nick when she had better chemistry with Robert Adamson. Noah and Chelsea should have been screwing behind Nick's back ... at least Mal tried to make her a bit more interesting as he dumped her.

And I know many gripe about the recast because of the Sharon relationship, but I was never a fan. So I'd be just fine forgetting it ever happened (not saying they will, but it seems they want Adam to be more age appropriate; I'm good if this is truly something they're trying to fix). And a 10-12 year age gap isn't really that big of a stretch. Sharon Case looks amazing and flawless and maybe she likes robbin' the cradle once in a while

Please register in order to view this content

Let's not forget Kassie DePaiva and Casey Moss on DAYS .... JJ was barely out of high school ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Ooh!  Maybe Adam and Chelsea are driving through GC, not planning to stop, when another driver causes Adam to lose control of the car and crash!  That's how they could bring them back!  Adam and Chelsea are at the hospital; Chelsea's declared brain dead (by Nate?); Victor learns Adam is back in town; etc.

• Members

Yep.

I imagine though it's a convoluted return.

Griffith is a middle of the road kind of writer. Not amazing but far from the worst. Curious to see how long of a shot he gets this time.

Edited by KMan101