Jump to content


kalbir

Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

The problem is that the identity of this person is not that compelling. It’s been drawn out so long that I hardly remember the original story to begin with (they should have at least kept TL for flashbacks or hauntings or filmed some scenes for later airings when they had him), and, since we’ve been burned so many times, we know that the reveal will ultimately be a whimpering anticlimax. JT might be the most ridiculous, worthless MacGuffin I’ve seen on soaps in a while.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

The problem is that the identity of this person is not that compelling. It’s been drawn out so long that I hardly remember the original story to begin with (they should have at least kept TL for flashbacks or hauntings or filmed some scenes for later airings when they had him), and, since we’ve been burned so many times, we know that the reveal will ultimately be a whimpering anticlimax. 

 

Agree. Whimpering AND out-from-left-field.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I know we shouldn’t discuss an actor’s sexuality but seeing Michael Baldwin today, I mean... c’mon sweetie. 

 

On the other side, how funny would it be for them to just let Michael Baldwin get as nelly as possible, and even spice up his wardrobe in his golden years, all the while having Lauren by his side as his doting wife. Very Birdcage. Go for it Y&R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Okay I know we shouldn’t discuss an actor’s sexuality but seeing Michael Baldwin today, I mean... c’mon sweetie. 

 

On the other side, how funny would it be for them to just let Michael Baldwin get as nelly as possible, and even spice up his wardrobe in his golden years, all the while having Lauren by his side as his doting wife. Very Birdcage. Go for it Y&R

It's been awful for years.  This would be the perfect opportunity for them to do a Gay man admitting he got married to a female because at the time it just wasn't as acceptable to be Gay, as an attorney no less - in a basically fairly small mid-western city - drop the bomb and become the Out-and-Proud (HERE I AM!) GAY! 

Edited by Fevuh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerry keeps bringing up Jack's exes and how he has good relationships with them. I wonder if she is secretly taking care of her own ex, and maybe that is why that resonates/has bothered her. Maybe she feels like she is obligated or is being forced to take care of an ex-husband/boyfriend, or even current husband and that ties in with what her secret is. Maybe she is using the syringe to administer medicine or something to that person. I do wonder what her secret is.

 

I liked seeing Michael dance. I remember he was getting it on the dance floor with Mia, when she first came on the show and they were dancing at the Jabotiques launch party. Speaking of Mia she continues to play both brothers. She acts like she wants something serious with both of them.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think CLB really overplayed the dancing. It was just too ridiculous to be believable. He didn't have to camp it up THAT much to play the old fogey dad, and i don't think it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am that Ana finally admitted she is the songwriter of Fen's song to Devon. I wonder if she will tell him her reasons for keeping the secret, that I believe go beyond her being upset that the guy sold off her work. Either way, I am glad that she nor Fen will be keeping the secret of her being the songwriter any longer. That wasn't a good secret to be keeping. I could see Devon pushing her into the spotlight now that it's being revealed she is the songwriter and the guy who sold her music coming to town and bringing some drama. Or I could see her interacting with new people as she works to help produce Fen's album and maybe she meets a new guy in the industry that way and he ends up being some romantic competition for Fen for her.
 
Also, Mia was definitely getting around today, interacting with various people on the canvas. Including talking to/hugging Devon, flirting with Billy, talking to Nikki etc... I could see her interacting with more people, especially after her marriage with Rey possibly collapses. I do think that Mia playing games, and trying to play both brothers will end up hurting her marriage. It also sounded today like she may have been trying to convince herself, she's over Arturo, by going through the vow renewal with Rey.
 
And with Phyllis admitting she never threw away the firepoker, I wonder if she will admit to anything else that has happened regarding Nikki and the Newman family. I wonder who planted Jt's bloody clothes and who set fire to the stables at the Newman Ranch. 
Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that Ana's will be turning into a "Surviving R. Kelly" kind of story.

 

4 hours ago, xtr said:
I wonder who planted Jt's bloody clothes and who set fire to the stables at the Newman Ranch. 

 

I still think it was J.T. himself, Reed, or J.T. and Reed working together.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is Josh’s work starting? I just wonder how much of Mal’s projected endgame will get trashed.

 

 

I’m sure a lot of it he’ll have to carry forward just for simple continuity, but perhaps he’ll do some retcons. Depends on how much people on high dictated Mal’s stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Khan said:

I have a feeling that Ana's will be turning into a "Surviving R. Kelly" kind of story.

 

 

I still think it was J.T. himself, Reed, or J.T. and Reed working together.

 

I do wonder if the guy from her past, might show up and be dangerous in some way.

 

33 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

When is Josh’s work starting? I just wonder how much of Mal’s projected endgame will get trashed.

 

 

I’m sure a lot of it he’ll have to carry forward just for simple continuity, but perhaps he’ll do some retcons. Depends on how much people on high dictated Mal’s stories.

 

Not too long ago, SID had a tidbit that said it wasn't known when Josh's work would start airing, because Mal had written scripts far in advance. I don't know what storylines may end up getting changed but it sounds like we could be seeing Mal's scripts for a while. 

 

I am interested in seeing what else will be spoiled for February Sweeps in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xtr said:

 

I do wonder if the guy from her past, might show up and be dangerous in some way.

 

 

Not too long ago, SID had a tidbit that said it wasn't known when Josh's work would start airing, because Mal had written scripts far in advance. I don't know what storylines may end up getting changed but it sounds like we could be seeing Mal's scripts for a while. 

 

I am interested in seeing what else will be spoiled for February Sweeps in the next couple of weeks.

You’d think they’d do some tweaks or rewrites of his material if they were concerned about falling ratings. But it doesn’t feel like anyone at CBS or Sony is managing the show with any sort of urgency. We thought Mal was going to be canned a year ago when ratings really started tanking.

 

And will Josh keep Bibel and Compton (Burgstede)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure Sony will let things play out rather than pay for major rewrites and firings. Actors will be let go as contracts expire or have the usual 13-week opt-outs. I doubt will see an obvious reboot until April/May.

 

DAYS is the template - and like it or not - Sony has successfully kept it afloat far longer than expected. I imagine some of the production aspects will eventually hit Y&R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

I figure Sony will let things play out rather than pay for major rewrites and firings. Actors will be let go as contracts expire or have the usual 13-week opt-outs. I doubt will see an obvious reboot until April/May.

 

 

While many of us have posted about our dislike of having the Rosales family being thrusted to the frontburner at the expense of vets, if you had to keep ONE of them around who would it be? I would pick Mia. You can always use a pot stirrer, but I'm not sure who they would pair her with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sort of wish LL came on as Devon’s love interest and not his sister (especially if they’re not bringing Harmony back). Their chemistry sometimes borders on the uncomfortable for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...