Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please share which scenes the cues are used in! I miss the old score so much.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the scenes. One is when Nick and Phyllis are reuniting over...something, I don't know, I was just listening for the music. AND THE OTHER is when Mia fantasizes about cutting off Abby's hair. It's fantastic! The music was such a large part of Y&R and I can't believe the people behind the show forgot that. Are we free of every scene ending with guitar strings? Let us pray.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the dress that Kerry was wearing on yesterday's episode. I thought she looked nice in it. I also thought that it was a nice moment between Nick/Victoria/Abby when they wished her a happy life with Arturo. She hasn't been that close with them in the past, but it was nice to see them wish her well.

Kyle perked up when Summer came back today. He looked more at ease than he has been in a bit, since he's been bending over backwards for Lola. Too bad they really don't have any chemistry, as I think it would be kind of soapy if he has a hard time shaking his feelings for Summer, even though he's with Lola now and loves her. 

I also thought that Jack/Kerry talking about Kerry freezing her eggs and possibly wanting children one day was a mature conversation. And Jack mentioning "his kids were grown", was the closest thing we've had to a Keemo mention in a while.

Also, while Mia may not have cut Abby's hair off today, (though she was thinking about it), I do think she will really cross the line regarding Abby/Arturo in some way. Maybe she will end up trying to sabotage their wedding in some fashion. And/or succeed in seducing Arturo.

• Members

Oh I thought my ears were betraying me! Was there also a variation of an old cue in one of the Jack and Kerry scenes? I also noticed that Noel Maxam, who produced and directed in the late 1990s thru LML, directed today’s episode. 

Fingers crossed that this isn’t just a one off thing.

• Members

Same here when I heard it. There is so much about the show that needs fixing. It even hearing old cues I felt it made everything seem so much better. I do think this will be on going because I noticed new composers in the closing credits today 

• Members

Exactly who I do not want.  She's Hillary 2.0.  Evil and nasty with no reason or no motivation.  Is she in love with Rey or ALLLLLTULOHHH.  She's just being evil with no motivation and you don't know why.  I don't get it.  She should be the one to go.  I'll look at Jordi V. all day but then people won't look at old man Braeden.  I'd rather see Lola than Summer (Hunter King is horrible).  But I'll take that triangle over anything Mia at this point.  It's just so bad.  The crazy, Busty, Fiery Latina who is just there for plot. 

• Members

Always thrilling to get old cues; it's like catching a brief glimpse of the show's glorious past.

Wow, Kyle has improved A LOT.

I actually liked every single scene in this episode. 

Please register in order to view this content

They used one of my favorite Y&R cues of all time (albeit, new arrangement) on Phyllis and Nick. Ugh. I mean, I'll take it....

There was also one more: When Victor and Summer were discussing her return on the couch, Victoria listening. 

I certainly never expected to hear the one they used when Mia was fantasizing again!

Let us jizz all we want!

• Members

Terrific! Updating the older cues is what should have happened in the first place. Mike Dobson returned as a supervisor under MY and SSM. I do wonder if he led the charge once upper management meddlers gave them the go-ahead to somewhat restore the show’s tone. The music elevates mediocre acting and heightens subpar writing.

Archived