Jump to content
kalbir

Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Happy New Year everyone. 🙂

 

I am glad that Nate won't have charges pressed against him. But I would have liked to see more emotion coming from him in the scenes he shared today with Rey/Christine. I felt like he could have brought more those scenes, but maybe BD was just trying to play Nate as stoic/almost numb that he had actually got arrested. I did like Christine trying to look out for Nate. I do like seeing Nate interact with other characters.

 

I thought that Jordi did a nice job today. And I thought that the Cane/Victoria scenes were interesting. Victoria really did go in on him, especially regarding his parenting and his relationship with Lily. I do think they will end up kissing again/and maybe more. And I could see a situation where they do apologize to each other for this incident, but will still might continue to have moments where they spar back and forth. 

 

And with Billy now knowing the truth about Reed and wanting Reed to take responsibility for his actions, I wonder how long it will be before Reed tells the police what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bizarre scene with Cane and Victoria. AH doesn’t do the righteous anger thing well. She always looks down as if she’s not fully committed to her acting choices.

 

It’s always nice when soaps acknowledge history (I suppose Victoria could have delved into how Cane came to town), but it felt awkward and overstuffed. And, yes, it reminded me of the scene when JT listed all of Victoria’s shortcomings, grabbed her by the throat, and shoved her into a wall.

 

I guess being verbally abused is Victoria’s kink.

Edited by Costello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that Victoria came across as more aggressive than Cane was in that scene. She is the one who came in insulting him about his marriage, his parenting and insulting him in a multitude of ways.He wanted her to leave him alone but she was bringing up almost everything he's ever done. I thought his response was a reaction to being fed up of her tirade against him.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xtr said:

I thought that Victoria came across as more aggressive than Cane was in that scene. She is the one who came in insulting him about his marriage, his parenting and insulting him in a multitude of ways.He wanted her to leave him alone but she was bringing up almost everything he's ever done. I thought his response was a reaction to being fed up of her tirade against him.

I definitely think Victoria was provoking him, almost intentionally to get him to hit back even harder. A smarter show would deal with Victoria’s cycle of abuse and trauma, but that’s not this show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Christine, but the Rosales are just a horrible family. I don't like any of the characters and how quickly they've been shoved down our throats. 

 

Lola is something else. She goes to a billionaire's party hosted by Davon Hamilton (after complaining about an ugly $5,000 person), and then goes and kisses Fen on NYE. Also, Fen is also from a rich family. She is the worst. I hope they don't make a love triangle with her. She's as nauseating as Jane, from Jane the Virgin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StepBack said:

Nice to see Christine, but the Rosales are just a horrible family. I don't like any of the characters and how quickly they've been shoved down our throats. 

 

Lola is something else. She goes to a billionaire's party hosted by Davon Hamilton (after complaining about an ugly $5,000 person), and then goes and kisses Fen on NYE. Also, Fen is also from a rich family. She is the worst. I hope they don't make a love triangle with her. She's as nauseating as Jane, from Jane the Virgin. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lola ends up devastating Kyle by sleeping with Fen. She's become a major headache for Kyle, (she mistreats him, doesn't accept him for who he is, doesn't appreciate him). I think she will end up making him feel even worse, than she already has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

We still have his material for a few more months

 

No, not that long.

Am I the only one who saw DG and AH stifling grins as they yelled at each other? The kiss worked, but the stuff leading to it did not. There should've been real anger, and suppressed smiles don't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

 

No, not that long.

Am I the only one who saw DG and AH stifling grins as they yelled at each other? The kiss worked, but the stuff leading to it did not. There should've been real anger, and suppressed smiles don't do it.

 

I saw DG smiling at least once during those scenes. I think he was enjoying playing those scenes. I read an interview from him where it sounded like he was looking forward to doing this upcoming storyline with AH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xtr said:

 

I saw DG smiling at least once during those scenes. I think he was enjoying playing those scenes. I read an interview from him where it sounded like he was looking forward to doing this upcoming storyline with AH. 

 

Watch those scenes again. They both did it, and it took me out of the scenes completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xtr said:

 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lola ends up devastating Kyle by sleeping with Fen. She's become a major headache for Kyle, (she mistreats him, doesn't accept him for who he is, doesn't appreciate him). I think she will end up making him feel even worse, than she already has.

Mistreats him? Other than freaking out about the purse how was he mistreated? Kyle has been very whitewashed  the past few months after doing a bunch of horrible things he got away with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...