Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked seeing Ana sing at the end of today's show. I am glad that she told the truth about being the songwriter, but she is still keeping something from Devon. I definitely don't think her being in credit card debt as the main reason she wanted to be paid up front. I still believe she may be getting blackmailed for money by an ex or sending money to an ex (who may also be the guy who sold her music) for some reason. 

Also, I thought that Kyle looked really nice in his suit today. He looked sharp. And even though I don't like Phyllis I also think that Phyllis/GT has been looking good as well in the past few episodes. And I liked seeing Sharon supporting Victoria.

And I think that Arturo could have waited like a day before he asked Abby to marry him. Doing it right after his brother renewed his vows at the ceremony was upstaging him.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I posted this in the Wendy Williams thread in Other Topics.

I remember saying something similar about Robert Adamson and Camryn Grimes.  It was obvious that they were each other's best scene partners (other than TV mom Sharon Case).  When actors truly trust each other, the chemistry they can produce (even with bad scripts) can be breathtaking.

• Members

I thought that Neil telling Cane to shut up was funny. I thought those scenes with him, Devon and Neil were the best part of today's show.

Also, I think that Kerry may be having some type of medical procedure or taking some type of medical treatments. The other day it sounded like she was on her way to some type of appointment. And then today she tells Jack she is "cautiously optimistic" when he asked how things were going for her. I wonder if she might be trying to get pregnant. Maybe that explains the syringe she had and why she was looking at it before she went up the stairs to make love to Jack. I could see her trying to do this, maybe succeeding and then Jack and other people being upset about it.

And I didn't care to see how Phyllis spun her role in JT's death. She tried to make it seem like she was the hero that was keeping everyone out of prison. When in reality she was the one who was encouraging them all to lie and cover it up. Even when they wanted to tell the truth. And of course she tells on Sharon in an attempt to make herself look better.

And Mia continues to try and play both brothers. She was acting pretty jealous of Arturo/Abby today, even though she was also celebrating her renewal vows and trying to make it seem like her and Rey have a deep love. 

• Members

That’s all of the POCs, barring Neil, who has been generally sidelined. Not sure if you’re considering Lily. Would you rebuild the Winterses with Neil and Moses perhaps? Bring back Keemo over Peter Bergman’s dead body?

It’s a tough call with such a damaged show with such weak or ruined characters, but I’m interested. 

Archived