Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Broken record but... It’s still weird they haven’t updated the opening with new cast. They are clearly aware of the opening, taking people out quickly (Mishael, Eileen, Doug), adding them back in (Hunter, Jess, Lauralee, Kate Linder, Tracey) when they recur, swapping out some shots (Gina, Sharon). But so much of the cast isn’t represented. Michael Mealor is their hot young star, and he isn’t featured.

Not a single one of their precious Rosaleses are there either? There’s no standing green screen or something around for the newbies to stand and pose?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's episode. I liked that they focused a bit more on the younger group of people today. I didn't care for the way that Summer stormed back into town and was trying to stir up trouble the last time around, especially when she went after mother and mother's boyfriend for no reason. But I actually think this time around she works better as a pot stirrer because she's actually interacting/creating angst/building storyline with people her own age. She did make some waves when she showed up at Crimson Lights today.  And that started with Ana who definitely does not seem to like Summer. She gave her a "I don't like you" face as soon as Summer came into the room and Fen's attention was diverted to her.

And Ana really didn't like the way that Summer and Fen kept flirting in her face. I did laugh at the tone Ana used with her. I think she will continue to be snarky with Summer and they will clash. Ana was pretty upset when she went home was slamming things at the penthouse. She said it was because Fen is distracted and doesn't seem to be taking his music career seriously, and I believe that is largely true, but I also think she doesn't like the thought of him going out/spending time with Summer. I think that Ana has feelings for Fen. I could see Devon or maybe even Summer pointing that out. 

I believe Summer will also cause trouble with Kyle/Lola. I actually thought some of the lines she said to them today was amusing like when she called them the "old couple" and asked them if they were enjoying the "Early Bird" Special..  I could see Kyle being drawn to Summer as she tries to make him jealous, and Lola keeps focusing heavily on her career and can't relax and enjoy herself in their relationship. Like she wasn't able to do much of today.

And Fen seems to have genuine feelings for Summer. I think he has better chemistry with Ana and want them together, but I did see some chemistry between him and Summer. I think that Fen/Summer have more chemistry than Fen/Lola do or Summer/Kyle. I don't see really any chemistry with the latter two pairings. Summer was hurt she used him. I could see her apologizing and him trying to get closer to her even though she will still try and get with Kyle. I think we might several different teases/previews of various couples, triangles/quads, etc... with this young group like we do with the older group/middle age characters (Rey/Mia/Sharon, Nick/Phyllis/Billy/Victoria/Abby/Arturo/Mia.) And they will choose couple to settle with for a while.

Also, I liked the Victoria/Victor scenes today. And I think that the young actress that plays Katie is very cute. I've seen her in a couple of commercials outside of Y&R

• Members

I'm watching today's episode only to listen out for music cues (I didn't hear any classic ones).

My god this Lola person is a DRIP. You have a hot wealthy boyfriend who wants to shower you with attention, gifts, love and money and you just have no time for him? Get wrecked, you jackass. Am I correct in that they still haven't had sex? Does he have ANY incentive to stay with this horrible person?

Ana is legitimately the most beautiful woman on the show right now and has NO guys after her. Beautiful, talented, kind, intelligent and alone. Tell me racism isn't alive and well.

Kerry and Jack seem a little too early in their relationship for this conversation about having babies and whatnot. It feels very strained. The actors are doing the best they can.

I hated the Victor/Victoria scenes because Amelia Heinle the worst actor on TV for my money. Is the new Newman Ranch? I don't like it.

• Members

Jack has gotten a new (very young) woman every year. It never works. White, black, they're all the same. But they'll never give him Phyllis back again, which is too bad because Gina sold the hell out of it and they were great together. I'm also not nearly as down on Peter Bergman as most people here. I think he always serves it up, day in, day out.

It would take an act of God (or just demanding salary parity) to get Amelia Heinle off this show.

The show is back to random women and foibles for Jack, random new people, and too much focus on the incredibly boring Abby. Is it 4-5 years ago?

• Members

Victor Newman is the most intelligent ever man there ever was.  And can't figure out there's someone in his house.  Pathetic.  He either is doing all of it or un-buried JT to save his FAMILEEEEEEE!  You Do NOT UNDERSTAN I NEED TO  PROTECCCCH MY FAMILEHHHH!!!! HOWAH DAY YOU QUESTIONAH MEEEEEHHHHHHH!   I AM PROTECTING YOUUUUUUUUU!  WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT MY BABEEEEEE!????????????????

Or would they REALLY go as far as ghosts.  The Ghost/living of JT who Katie can see or it's Reed?  Which would be a major WTF/.

• Members

First calm down 

Please register in order to view this content

Victor had the house bugged with cameras at the ranch where he was able to see from his office at home. That's how he caught JT stealing the info to give to Christine. All he would have to do is go into the his office and see who has been gaslighting Nikki. And what about a security system? Wouldn't he have one at home in case someone tried to get in? The story is dumb and has been since JT was killed off. 

Archived