kalbir

Y&R January 2019 Discussion Thread

Kerry wanting a baby is a snooze story. I’d rather she be there to destroy the Abbotts or do something villainous,

in in her first weeks, Lola was interesting and fun. Now? I’m tired of her in every way. She’s sullen and lethargic and snippy and distracted. I’m no Summer fan but I WANT Summer to mess Lola up.

While it’s great seeing young people, wouldthey ALWAYS go to the GCAC? Is that THE fun spot for young people? It’s absurd. I know they can’t use the rooftop deck, but they need another hangout.

The Katie story with the imaginary friend is an eye roller. It calls security at the ranch into question, and that alone makes it ridiculous.  And really, wouldn’t a little girl’s relatives worry about a kid who constantly wanted to be alone with her imaginary friend? I don’t think it’s cute.

1 hour ago, ranger1rg said:

Kerry wanting a baby is a snooze story. I’d rather she be there to destroy the Abbotts or do something villainous,

I was hoping she would turn out to be Dru's long lost daughter out for revenge...

I liked seeing Kyle interact with Ana/Fen today. I also liked the scenes when they were modeling.

And Victoria is coming across as cold towards Billy. I understand he wants to get back together with her,  but I think it may be best for him to give her space. And I wonder where Katie went/who may have taken her.

Edited by xtr

12 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Kerry wanting a baby is a snooze story. I’d rather she be there to destroy the Abbotts or do something villainous.

My thought/suspicion/hunch/fear: they'll dredge up Spermgate again, reveal the sperm sample Nikki switched Jack's with wasn't Jack's (or Jack's only sample), and that Kerry is impregnating herself with the (other) sample.

Edited by Khan

I don't understand why every young professional woman on these shows has to become obsessed with babies. How long has this chick been here, three months? Why do we care that she wants a baby? How is that a rooting value for a newbie?

3 hours ago, Vee said:

I don't understand why every young professional woman on these shows has to become obsessed with babies. How long has this chick been here, three months? Why do we care that she wants a baby? How is that a rooting value for a newbie?

Oh, great, now I've got this song stuck in my head:

3 hours ago, Vee said:

I don't understand why every young professional woman on these shows has to become obsessed with babies.

I can't remember who said it -- might've been Ron Carlivati or (ouch) Tom Casiello -- but I think the prevailing wisdom is that pregnancy stories (and WTD? stories and baby switch stories) are easier to pitch to TPTB and present less opportunities for them to interfere with how they're written.  IOW, it's the path of least resistance.

Edited by Khan

7 hours ago, Vee said:

I don't understand why every young professional woman on these shows has to become obsessed with babies. How long has this chick been here, three months? Why do we care that she wants a baby? How is that a rooting value for a newbie?

Kerry isn't that young, is she? I got about 35 from her. I can say that freezing eggs is THE TALK for many professional women approaching 40. It's a subject that routinely comes up. 

I agree, not the best story for a newbie. For that to resonate it has to be done with a childless long term character who we've seen have endless disappointments in love 

Edited by ajsp35801

Finn looked good shirtless. Kyle was eh ok....surprised social media was saying Kyle looked better shirtless. I thought Finn looked better and has some nice pecs and chest...yummmm.....