Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

Chris B

• Members

It followed pretty much the pattern of other reboots that landed on networks, the only difference that Fox didn't own this one and had no secondary source of income from it unlike let's say Will & Grace on NBC with Hulu. It was more like the Murphy Brown reboot in that sense that there was little incentive for Fox to keep it on as they wouldn't be a part of the other profit it generates.

I really think a real reboot would've gone the same way when put on Fox. I think CBS All Access would've been a decent option for it as it rated well in the 35-50 age bracket which would probably be "young" and appealing to them, lol.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Then those people cant read. Every article and even video interview said they were playing fictionalized versions of themselves as they try to do a reboot. It was stated and restated. So I dont have symphany for fans who cried over that. 

• Members

The idea of a CW reboot was smart, but I wish it was written by people who liked the original. As bad as nuDynasty has gotten, I appreciate that the writers clearly know the original and throw in lots of easter eggs when they really don't have to. CW totally botched it. Mentioning Hannah Zuckerman but not actually including her or Andrea in the cast? Stupid. Bringing back Kelly was smart, but the handling of Dylan was horrible. The new Walsh family also sucked and they did a horrible job with Brenda's return. Still, I understand why they made it. 

Now with a continuation, especially on CBS All Access, you can't tell me it wouldn't have gone on for years. It literally could've been the Knots Landing/Desperate Housewives of this generation. Those characters were ripe for a reboot and considering Tori really needs money, she's stupid for not pursuing one. I also feel like Melrose Place is a series I'd consider revisiting. Maybe not set at the complex due to their ages, but something in LA with those characters. I just feel like because these are soaps people don't take those ideas seriously, but they're missing out. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Fox's statement is exactly what I would expect and tells me that they saw this the same way we did from the very beginning. Tori and the cast saw this as something that could last for a long time whereas the network was like "This is a cute little thing to do for a little while." They went into it with the mindset that it was a limited series event, and I have to applaud them for that. Sucks for the cast, but they have to accept that their audience wants to see them as those characters.

I wonder if there was ever any clear communication between Tori and the network in regards to the sustainability of this project.

Edited by All My Shadows