Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched the last 30 minutes of Y&R today (I'm visiting older female relstyves and they were watching so I had little  choice). I haven't seen the show in at least 3 months. I found nothing interesting going on. 

Why was there these long extended scenes of Rey talking about his feelings for an ex with Sharon? I thought JV was  compelling in the scenes but I don't care. I kept drifting off waiting for people I actually care about to come on. Has the show given viewers any reason to care about these folks other than using Sharon. 

What happened to Vikki's house?  Looks way different. 

Tessa stealing or scheming again? I'm sure for no reason. Mariah and Tessa should just end though I'd hate to lose the representation. 

I guess Nate and Devon are the new Neil and Malcolm.  Nate self righteous and perfect. Devon the screw up. I got I was supposed to think Devon was wrong but I didn't. All I could think was Nate needs to shut up and go. Devon slamming the door in his face was satisfying. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's something I want to like about the Rosales family, but it's being forced upon us in a way it doesn't even feel natural. Not as bad as the Santos family on GL in 1999, but definitely nothing like the previous Y&R family introductions from its heyday. 

Speaking of which, in the past I'd love to see what reruns are running for Y&R for the holiday, but nowadays they'd most likely replay Hilary's death and/or Ashley's exit episode. 

• Members

I like the Rosales family but I think they're being foisted on us far worse than the Santos' were on Guiding Light.  Mia gets one hair and makeup job in town and she's walking right into businesses left and right the next day and it's like she's everyone's best bud.  Well except for the 2 guys.  Rey comes into town and is pretty much immediately leading the police force.  Where in the world is Paul?  Not that I honestly care all that much - his character has been crotchity old man for the past 3 to 5 years.  But still...he doesn't even check in on the J.T. investigation?  Not that I care about that story either.  At least the other  brother was kind of integrated more slowly.  But I'll look at Jordi V. all day.  I don't know why they feel like they can only have one diverse family on the show at once....the Winters don't need to take a back seat just because they introduced a Latino family. 

• Members

So, in addition to the Dark Horse set, Nick now has a new house.

From first look, they need to fire their set decorator. Again a random collection of cheap looking artwork and knick- knacks. The floor plan seems OK but the finished product is lacking. Jeez, all they need to do is check out some design magazines to see a classy masculine  vibe. And the whole macho feel with dart boards and bar etc. Yuk

Meanwhile Victoria's already modest house has been shrunken.

When was the last time we saw the Baldwin apartment,Newman Ranch or Chancellor residence?

• Members

I think the Winters back seat over the last couple months was circumstantial. 

Mishael leaving so rewriting story and regrouping dynamics with phasing out hilary, Lily, AND neil kept them offscreen.  If Hilary was still there, they probably wouldn't be even with the addition of Rosales. 

Seems Mal may have written another story with the addition of Anna. At the least, regrouped to give Anna the long  story he wrote for Hilary. 

And I know lane fans like to pretend the only Winters/Barbers are Neil, Lily, Cane, and twins. But facts are Devon and Nate are every bit of Winters/Barbers next gen as Lily. Question is though, can either Devon or Nate anchor that family? I think Olivia could help with that. She should be brought back. 

• Members

And/or Harmony since she’ll have not one but two kids on canvas. 

To your point, though, Olivia might be better because Nate needs more shoring up than the other Winters/Barber characters. He’s a disaster thus far. So unlikable. Needs a lot of fleshing out and dimension (unlikely under Mal but still).

• Members

Harmony isn't a bad idea either. I wanted her back for years to free up lily from having to play the role of Devon's mother in his story with Hilary. 

Once Nate gets a love interest, I think he will be more interesting. Mishael leaving bout killed his character. 

Archived