Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn’t know if this should be in its own thread or not, but the wildfires in California are really affecting the Y&R family. Eric Braeden’s granddaughter lost her home and so did Eileen Davidson and Tracey Bergman. Looks like they lost everything. Just heartbreaking stuff. 

• Members

I don't like what I have seen of Mia so far. She is definitely the newest pot stirrer and has already tried to pick fights with Sharon, Lola, as well as treated Abby condescendingly and insulted her behind her back. I don't think that her and Rey have much chemistry. Not to mention according to spoilers:

Please register in order to view this content

I also think she looks considerably older than what she is. The actress is 26, but the character looks much older. I think this might be at least partly due to the way she is styled. I believe the casting call for her character wanted someone mid 30s to early 40s. So maybe they are intentionally making the actress look older. 

Though, I do think that the actress is doing a nice job of portraying a pot stirring, fake acting character, lol. And I understand that some people might like her and find her behavior entertaining.

• Members

I don’t like Mia, either. In fact, I dislike her.

She’s aggressive, insulting, overbearing, condescending, and pushy. Why would Rey want this woman around??? She’s supposed to be a stylist, yet she has an ancient hairstyle and dresses like a hoe who walked into the plus size dept. at Chico’s. 

Then there’s Tessa, who supposedly loves Mariah yet HAD to tell her about Sharon. I want that lying piece of trash Tessa to leave town. I certainly won’t miss CF’s terrible acting. She’s horrible.

Mariah isn’t blameless — she asks Kyle and Devon for advice but never tells them the DETAILS about what Tessa did. Stupid.

• Members

Yeah, I don't see what Rey sees in her. She's pushy, overbearing, doesn't want kids, (while he does), antagonizes his siblings and

They seem very mismatched. I don't really see chemistry with them either. I could see him deciding to divorce her. And I would be fine with that. I like his chemistry with Sharon.

I also think that Tessa needs to be kicked to the curb for her actions regarding blackmailing Nikki and the rest of the ladies.

• Members

I've only seen two clips of her but she reminds me a lot of a character you'd see on a UK soap. I got flashbacks of Kat Slater, between the way she was styled and how she interacted with everyone else. I don't mind it, this show is full of dull lifeless characters, so why not bring in someone to stir the pot?

• Members

Shows really struggle with this group for some reason. They're afraid to ever really do anything with them. A lot of times they just want a teen and figure that viewers will automatically care because it's an off-spring of a popular character, but you have to actually, you know, develop the character ... give them an identity, a purpose, goals ... no one seems to care about developing a character anymore. It's just a warm, botoxed body to fill a spot in the plot (or a recycled soap "vet" that becomes the new pet)

• Members

I thought that today's show was good, I enjoyed it. 

I liked seeing a lot of the characters interact at the Jabotiques launch party. Sharon looked pretty, I really liked her dress, and I also thought that Kerry looked nice. I continue to enjoy Jack and Kerry's interaction and think they have chemistry. She seems a bit uptight, but I do think she loosens up around him. I also liked seeing Devon/Abby interact, (I like their chemistry together), and seeing Traci and Esther again. It was nice seeing Esther dancing with Nate.

Speaking of dancing Michael seemed to really enjoy himself dancing with Mia. He was getting it with her on the dance floor, lol. I don't like Mia, but she looked a little better today and I think she may have some chemistry with Michael. It's interesting how it seemed like both her and Rey blamed her affair with Arturo on Arturo, and then she turned around and tried to blame the affair on Rey. She needs to be take responsibility for her role in it, especially if she wants to reunite with Rey. I do believe though that Rey will eventually move on from her and get with Sharon. He's having a hard time staying away from Sharon.

And I thought that Tessa came across as pretty awful today with how she was describing how she blackmailed Sharon and the other ladies. She really didn't seem that remorseful for her actions and I think that may be a big reason why Mariah won't forgive her anytime soon. She really devastated Mariah with her actions.

• Members

I am loving Mia! Finally a really interesting, fun, dynamic character and actress who is shaking things up. Arturo and Rey are both snoozefests as is Kerry so along with Lola it's nice to have a couple exciting characters to spice up the canvas. It's funny though that Arturo has been on the longest of the Rosales family but I feel like he's the least fleshed out and I know all of the other characters better even Mia who's only been on a few days. I blame most of that on the actor though who isn't up to the job and isn't even that pretty to look at either 

Archived