Y&R November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Except for three episodes, I stopped watching Y&R about a week before MiM's character departed.  I became disgusted with how CBS/Sony has done things and I believe (JMO) that Mal Young is a misogynist.  And a bad writer.

People are free to watch but should really ask themselves if it's worth it to support this mess?  I know that people believe that they are supporting the livelihoods of these actors but how many actors have already been treated poorly on their way to being dismissed and summarily dumped? 

CBS/Sony/Y&R, for years have been profiting from the pain and humiliation of many of their female actresses.   I won't mention their names because I think we already know who they are. To me though, the only way to ensure that these entities don't profit is through the numbers.  Numbers don't lie.  Ratings speak.  And someone who has watched Y&R, on and off, since I was a little girl in the 1980s, I'm sorry to say this but it's clear that this show doesn't respect my time or my attention, so they won't be getting it.

Bumping your comment to the next page so it won't get lost.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read the NYT, piece, wonder if Morrow met with the Head of Sony too.  Damn Morrow must really hate working with Case, an admitted die hard Shick fan

Please register in order to view this content

Talk about what? I saw in the actual article and not this bad hit job. He didn't "GET" anything. The answer is right in front of viewers faces if they REALLY thought about it. ? 😉

Incredibly reckless to imply Joshua Morrow was a beneficiary of special treatment re: this latest NYT Les Moonves exposé. Showbiz 411 saying he was “at best a supporting player” on Y&R before this summer is false and done as a weak talking point to this scandal.

Joshua Morrow has been front and center numerous times, with stories that have resulted in new sets on numerous occasions. That paragraph was blatant and transparent. Completely ignoring new writers wanting a new take for a 2 decade long character.

Nick Newman is a whole ass trashbox, a literal slut from the 90s, but that doesn’t means it’s okay to try to smear Joshua Morrow to fit an agenda for hits. I hope y’all get sued tbh.

• Members

Ugh. So is Lola or Sharon eventually going to haul off and slap the dogshit out of Mia?! She really is just awful and one dimensional.

Speaking of useless, obnoxious characters, Nate really needs to just shut up and get a damn life. He's just a judgemental, sanctimonious dickhole. He just really needs to shut up!

• Members

He ain't going nowhere 

I quite Y&R when Mishael left. I even stopped coming here. I only started back paying attention to what people were saying about the show a few weeks ago. I watched for the first time in months while I was visiting family. Would you believe some older Nigerian female relatives were watching while here visiting so I did with them. They watch in Nigeria too. I wish WOC would leave this crap show alone. And yet I'm commenting on it. 

• Members

I understand that Nate and Ana care for Devon and want to help him but they don't need to constantly nag him. Especially Nate. If they think he's really doing something damaging that is one thing, but to constantly nag him about doing things like working(which is what he was doing at GCAC, even if it was in a more relaxed way) is doing too much. I think that could add to the stress that he is going through. Which may:

• Members

Why do I feel like the writers ate shoring their hand. Everyone appears to be overreacting but when it's all said and done, I bet they'll be more than justified. 

I can't count the times I've seen characters accuse another of something when it's untrue. Only for writers to turn around and make it true. That was staple writing for Sharon for almost a decade. 

Archived