Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I remember when they killed Zach - killing a child in a violent manner is never OK nor something I believe most of the audience wants. But everyone was like KA is going to 'knock it out of the park' with her grief scenes. My response: "Why should anyone care, invest or believe in a death on DAYS?" This was a couple of years after Melaswen or whatever it was called. 

I kind of wish, DAYS had gone full-on Dark Shadows or Passions during the possession years and so 'death' and other stuff we just be part of the canon. Portraying Salem as a regular Midwestern city doesn't work. When I watch-it's more 'hate-binge watching' to kind of see how bad it is.

Please register in order to view this content

Of  course, I hope it lives on for many more years.  

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not feelin’ Haiduk as Kristen. But that’s just me. That’s not a knock on Stacy. She played everything perfectly. There’s just a very specific humor that Eileen brought to the role that can’t be duplicated. It is what it is, but DAYS had to do what they needed to do if ED wasn’t an option.

Why is CM/Will talking like he has a mouth full of saliva he needs to swallow?

• Members

I have been really enjoying Days lately.  I thought that that Today's episode was really good. I thought it was very entertaining and and soapy. Some parts that I really enjoyed were Eric being very protective and concerned about Sammy when she showed up in her drugged state, Brady trying to talk Kristen down, and Will remembering his life and his family. I also think that Stacy has been doing a very nice job as Susan.

I liked the way she interacted with the other characters today and how she was talking about her past with them. And I've also been enjoying Val's realistic reactions to seeing Susan and dealing with the drama/events at the wedding. I am glad we've been seeing more of her lately.

I am looking forward to Monday's episode.

• Members

It's not Eileen's particular bite or wit as Kristen but she's doing a decent job. The jury's out for me on how good it'll really be, but she's not bad. I also think some of the sort of very blatant Ron dialogue is not helping her intro.

I had no idea SH was doing Uber in between gigs until this. And it sounds like Dee Hall was very, very kind and helpful to her, which is nice to hear.

• Members

It sounds like she needed the gig, so it all works out in the end. I agree that she'd doing a decent job. I'd say it's more like Stacey is playing Eileen, rather than Kristen directly, but her Susan is different from Eileen's Susan. 

Very nice to hear about Deidre's kindness.

• Members

Ha...the train has passed with them. I wish they weren't going to pair them again. I was hoping Will would've stayed with Paul or someone new.  I haven't seen this week's episodes yet!

Seriously Sonny needs an early Christmas gift to the gym.......and FS acting is atrocious.....his scenes with his mother last week were cringeworthy on both sides.

• Members

I think SH is doing really great as Kristen/Susan.  Probably better as Susan, but it's never going to be Eileen.  Susan isn't a character I care for much, so I don't mind her being recast.  Kristen is a character I loved.   There is just a history with ED as Kristen and a chemistry with the DH's and EM that Stacey just won't have.  That being said, I think she probably was the best recast of Kristen they were going to find.  I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would do better.

Also was it just me or was Belle being super lame just sitting there?  All of Marlena's other kids were trying to shield her, but Belle just sat there with Shawn D.    I like MM and think she is good with her onscreen parents, but man was she useless and unaffected by everything today.

Archived