Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very well said. 

Something seemed to change with the soaps after OJ. It's like they became desperate and just started writing nonsense. I'm making it more basic than it was, but there's a clear shift.

I also think the switch from how they used to film the shows to now makes them look really cheap. They looked like actual shows with a budget the other way. I don't get why they switched.

Sami does things first and thinks about them later. She's a "hot mess" as the kids call it

Please register in order to view this content

I think Ron has Sami pretty in-character.

It's also clear the Belle/Sami slap and confrontation was likely planned for Carrie and Sami. The way some of it was worded all I could picture was Carrie lighting into Sami. (They wanted Christie/Carrie there but she was traveling the world with her family)

What I like about Ron is that he wasn't a "true fan" of DAYS before. It sort of worked against him at first as he got his bearings, but I feel a change. I think he gets the show. He seems to get Kristen and Sami. I've loved Kristen's dialogue. I'm mixed on Stacy playing Kristen but she has totally won me over as Susan and I want her to stay in that role. Eileen needs to be Kristen. Not saying Stacy isn't doing great. She's a great recast!

Back to my point, Ron doesn't really have any character biases (though he seems especially fond of Sami, Kristen/Susan and Marlena and I'd guess Kate since she keeps getting story after story). I don't feel like I did with Higley and Tomsell where they were almost writing against what the show should be. They had their biases and agendas. I don't feel the same with Ron and Sheri and Ryan. It's nice. I'm not saying the show is perfect. It's not. But I feel comfortable with the hands it is in.

• Members

LOL. But that's soaps for you. All the soaps do this or have done it. It's always been so unrealistic but it's a soap. lol.

I haven't watched the last two days, just because I'm saving them up for a binge. I read a recap and comments of yesterday and it sounds a bit of a mess. Who wrote the dialogue? 

• Members

That's good. Just saw mixed reactions and it seemed maybe the episode didn't flow very well. I'll have to watch

Please register in order to view this content

lol 

And  at the last part

All the money went to pay Sweeney  

Archived