Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I was talking about the more recent pier set from a few years back where it seemed that everything happened. Then we got the "park" which is really just a bench and trees where everyone went to chat or get shot or stabbed.

The lack of budget really does hinder this show.

• Members

I wonder if the Brady Fish Market and Stefano's mansion got eaten as well?

That right there! this is my first time seeing Ron's writing at work, but my goodness......did you see Julie overreact WHILE SHE WENT TO CHECK THE FREEZER?! RIC FLAIR is understated compared to these performances. 

John: DOC!!!!!!!!! I JUST ATE......SOME WHITE CASTLE! DOC!!!! IF I DON;T GO TO THE TOILET DOC IT WILL BE THE END OF US ALL DOC!!!!!

And is it in Drake's contract that he has to say "Doc" 60 times in each episode or he won;t get a bonus?

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yep. You aren't wrong in all of this. It's why I found it odd some posters seemed so focus on Freddie and Chandler's acting. Meanwhile, the rest of cast does just as much scenery chewing and overreactions. lol.

And to be fair to SSH, I've felt she's been over the top for a while now . The writing for Julie is also often limited. So I think she tries to go extra hard for it lol

• Members

Silly DAYS fan.  As if they could still afford bonuses.

Please register in order to view this content

Not to mention the ridiculous episode guarantees.

If the number of actors on your payroll is hindering the rest of the production AND your ability to tell story effectively, then your cast is too damn big.

• Members

Yep, the episode count is another problem. 

It was beautiful. I was catching up on June last week and when Abby showed up I honestly groaned outloud and rolled my eyes. It was so nice not seeing her (except for the recreated flashbacks of the cabin). I'm tired of all three.

And +1000 on the Wilson reunion. Yuck. I once liked Wilson, way back when. I felt nothing when Will got his memories back. Chandler did fairly well. Freddie was hit and miss. He's gotten so lazy. And they write Sonny horribly pushy and desperate, not like a man in love who wants his husband back. It just comes off as desperate. I guess it's how Freddie plays it, actually. The writing itself isn't the worst it's how he plays it.

I know  it got soooo bad

I'm so sick of blue. And I love the color blue.

• Members

I love SSH but ever since I’ve been a viewer she’s been lovably hammy but ham and cheese isn’t the best dish served when your beloved husband of 30+ years gets stabbed (when Doug was killed by Marlena in 2004). Same with when Alice “died” months later and it was all wailing and dry heaving. I think it serves her better now that she’s older and she’s just a goofball ol’ lady (minus that horrible scene where she got the phone call that David had died). 

It’s all about the lighting, too. The pier was dark and moody in the 80’s and 90’s because it wasn’t lit up like a baseball field during a night game. 

Purchased by Melissa Reeves.... 

I’m catching up on the past two weeks. The comical, frantic wedding episode was like watching a soap trying to recreate/parody itself from 20 years ago. Odd, but not boring. 

As others have mentioned regarding Marlena’s missing peers (Julie, Maggie) it made me take notice that all the extras (yay! Extras!!) in the background were under 35. Doc & John sure hang with the younger crowd! 

Stacy Haiduk’s portrayal of Susan sometimes gives me Darryl Hannah as Annelle from Steele Magnolias vibes. 

Archived