victoria foxton

Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

So Ben/Ciara is an actual coupling??  I saw the hashtag on Twitter and stupidly tweeting on Twitter thinking it was weird that a serial killer was getting a love interest, etc... and man, the passion people had for #Cin was quite interesting and creepy.

And I was watching old episodes of The Doctors.. and the characters (at least in the late 60s/early 70s) episodes would have a character not talk to themselves, but think about stuff with a voice over.  Seemed more realistic

14 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I wish Days would stop having characters talk to themselves which seems to happen quite frequently, it's very unrealistic!

Thanks goodness you weren't watching in the '90s and '00s. 

52 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

So Ben/Ciara is an actual coupling??  I saw the hashtag on Twitter and stupidly tweeting on Twitter thinking it was weird that a serial killer was getting a love interest, etc... and man, the passion people had for #Cin was quite interesting and creepy.

And I was watching old episodes of The Doctors.. and the characters (at least in the late 60s/early 70s) episodes would have a character not talk to themselves, but think about stuff with a voice over.  Seemed more realistic

Days had Jack rape Kayla and he got to be a supercoupling with Jen

Characters can be redeemed if the show invests in to this

Edited by John

9 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

DAYS had characters thinking to themselves with voice over all the time in the 90s and first half of the 00s. Some fans whined about it alot.

Edited by Sindacco

Will and Paul have become increasingly unromantic. There’s no heat, no sexy between them at all. 

Those scenes in that small, boring, sterile bedroom make it all even worse.

3 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Will and Paul have become increasingly unromantic. There’s no heat, no sexy between them at all. 

The Horita stans are going to come for you

On 8/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, ranger1rg said:

The whole week was a snooze. I finally got around to seeing Friday's show and seeing Chandler shirtless in bed was :wub:

And the heat is gone because Ron 

Spoiler

is putting Will back with boring ass Sonny and Paul is leaving....so he probably thinks why bother anymore. 

and I bet Leo aint Dead just him & Ted Tryin to get money

Spoiler

The week of Aug 13: Will exposes Ted's scheme to Kate who later pulls a gun on Ted. Sonny tells Paul all who then confronts Will.

On 2018-08-03 at 5:20 PM, John said:

Days had Jack rape Kayla and he got to be a supercoupling with Jen

Characters can be redeemed if the show invests in to this

The writing was much better back then. I don't think anyone currently writing soaps have the talent to pull off something like that now.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:16 PM, ranger1rg said:

That's a lot of DAYS couple scenes lately. Say "I love you" a couple times to remind the audience you're a couple, then share some food and talk about said food. Rinse and repeat.

I've been mostly enjoying what I'm seeing but, that, in particular, drove me nuts.