Y&R: July Spoilers

• Members

I think we will get good Devon scenes including scenes where he eventually finds out that Lily ran the red light. Someone did a very detailed recap of tomorrow's episode on Twitter and Devon will be asking Lily question about the accident. Lily be will be stunned when he does this, and Charlie will divert his attention back to Hilary.

Cane will tell Charlie to keep quiet about Lily running the light. He tells Charlie it will be really bad for their family if that came out. Charlie will be torn but will agree to keep that knowledge to himself for now.

I believe Devon will eventually find out what happens and it will cause a big rift in the family. I think He will be angry with Lily, Cane and Charlie.  I think that Nate, Neil and Mattie will be stuck in the middle of the drama. .  

The recap also said there is a preview of Devon asking Hilary to marry him for next week.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to sound dour but knowing now what I know about Mal's Y&R, I suspect Hilary's exit from the canvas will become more about the Ashbys than Devon. 

DG will be given the chance to "emote" and hand-wring over what this perceptibly will do to Lily.  I can see Devon getting maybe two weeks of 'mourning time' before he's sidelined.  I do think they'll have him appear at HWG but he'll be on the margins.

MY might throw Neil into his romance with Ashley, at least until ED leaves. 

Are there any hot-burner business storylines going at HWG?  I suspect that there'll be many scenes of them 'at work' but not much specific going on.

• Members

My money is on it being about Nate.amd if Cane is involved, it's as foil for Nate in the story. Not sure whether I said in this thread or another but I predict that in 3 weeks, it'll be Nate questioning folks and in their faces trying to get "Justice for Hilary" as if he was her long term love and he actually knew her. Don't put it past Y&R to rewrite Hilary and Nate into more in the past to make her death more meaningful for him. Or they'll tie his behavior to his lost love.  But either way, it'll be about him.  He's their new male lead in that orbit and no story occurs in that orbit without the designated lead centered. Even when it makes little sense. It's just how Mal writes. One of the bad quirks he picked up from Pratt. 

• Members

I'm not sure how the taping is for Y&R, but maybe those scenes where originally filmed with the idea that Nate would save Hilary. Now with Mishael being gone, I'm not sure what direction they will take with Nate. I haven't really seen any more spoilers about him beyond him trying to support Devon and the family. It looks like now he's just being used as family member/minor player in the Hilary's exit storyline.

Though, I would like to see him get a good storyline. He can act and he's related to an important family. I actually think he think he could run with some of the 40's something characters on the show. I think he could be a good (non-romantic) rival for Cane.

Or maybe even a rival for Nick.I initially suggested they test him with Victoria. But with that way that  Nick's been acting up lately, maybe they can push Nate in Sharon's direction. Even better that he's interacting with Victor and not afraid to stand up to him. 

• Members

Here are some more spoilers froms soaps.com (Day ahead recap):

Devon and Hilary will share some emotional moments on Monday's episode. Hilary will say she shouldn't have been Shauna's guardian not her friend, when they talk about what led up to the accident. They will talk about the baby and admit they didn't know what gender it was and Devon will say he was picking out names. 

Nate will get Hilary's test results back and they will be grave. He will tell Devon that Hilary is experiencing Massive bleeding and he doesn't think she will make it. Mariah will find out about the accident and will cry. She will do the show alone (With Hilary's blessing) and sing Hilary's praises. There is a also a spoiler from Tuesday about her rushing to be by Hilary's side. 

Also, Kyle will find out that Phyllis slept with somebody, (though he won't know it's Nick). He will promise to keep her secret. And Nick/Sharon and Phyllis/Billy will reconcile.

• Members

Me either. It feels like an ugly end to me given that Hillary came on seeking revenge for her monther's death.  Then she gets her dream pregnancy and lives long enough to grieve her child. Plus the actress is pregnant.  Not feeling it.

• Members

I'll vouch for the SOD info. I just saw the new issue today and I got annoyed AF. Really? I know I'm behind but nooooo to the hillary death stuff.

From a glance in SOD it does seem random in a 'we were on break' kinda way re: Phick. In any case I saw red when I saw the title of the article itself since I LOATHE Phick. And doesn't even sound like it is a 'they are getting back together' thing and more they were on the outs from who they are dating thing which means that it was done for drama and Phyllis will probably wind up preggers when she gets back with Billy.

I can't believe they would kill off a baby period...especially since the baby would be a Chancellor. Just...WTFrak.

I blame it on SSM but same. 

• Members

Here is the promo for next week about Hilary.

I am glad that Jack will at least get to see her again before she's gone. I think they had a good friendship. And they have Lily asking for her forgiveness. 

Archived