Y&R: July Spoilers

• Members

Even if she had a baby, that would be no guarantee that Hilary's presence on the show would be cemented. 

Dru rarely gets mentioned even by her own spawn. The times that Lily mentioned her mother, the allusions have been vague and generalized, nothing that speaks specifically to their relationship. 

According to spoilers that I've read, Nate and/or Neil has mentioned Olivia once, as part of Nate's expository intro.  Sofia got mentioned only to explain Neil's (KSJ's) absence.  

All that time that the show wasted keeping Hilary and Devon apart with poorly written, contrived scenarios when they could've shown a much needed loving, passionate couple. 

I wonder whether the show, in order to try to quell any additional justifications for a salary increase, deliberately sought to avoid having her character in a dynamic relationship that they knew would absorb soap fans' attention, instead opting repeatedly to diminish her appeal by constantly having the character feuding, arguing, etc. 

Soaps are known for "Love In the Afternoon" and that's what often attracts fans to characters and certain couples.  Having a couple that tptb know has great onscreen sexual chemistry will frustrate and turn off all but the most ardent fans.  

What a shame.  

JMO but the fact that Y&R allowed the black characters that they had before the Barbers/Winters, to leave without a trace gave a pretty good indication of how they'd be with any future ones.

Nathan (who was a bridge between the previous group and the Winters group) should have had a lasting impact when his death occurred but it only had impact for a few years, mainly because of Olivia and Nate Jr.  Ironically, Malcolm and his relationship/marriage with Olivia and Nate sort of negated that from happening. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It’s just funny. There’s a whole treatise to written about black characters and their disposability on soaps. Writers have tried to tie black/POC characters to core families. Sometimes the families themselves become persona non grata, like the Hardys with Simone/Tom and their son and the Quartermaines with Bradley Ward’s offspring on GH. (If you’re not a Spencer, a Cassadine, a Corinthos, or a Jason, you don’t matter on GH and haven’t for 20 years.) Other times, they are picked up by one writing regime and kicked to the curb by the next (Vicky and the black Spauldings/GL; Adrian Sword and Gabriel Devane on AMC).  Carlivati doesn’t seem to be interested in Horton offspring Eli on DAYS. Y&R is never bringing back Keemo to mix it up with the Abbotts. B&B touched upon the tension between Zende and Steffy/Thomas at Forrester and dropped it. So many interesting stories that just never came to pass.

Sorry, just an aside.

• Members

Hera are some more spoilers from soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow (Reworded)

Wedding invitations are going ot be sent out to people like Phyllis and Mariah. Devon is going to tell Neil that Hilary isn't going to make it and ask Neil to be his best man. Hilary is going to ask Phyllis to be her maid of honor. Phyllis will question Devon about why he's rushing the wedding and he will tell her that Hilary is not going to make it.  Cane is going to make amends with Hilary. He will thank her being there for Sam when Juliet died and apologize for cutting her out. 

Lily will be questioned by the police and tell them that a Truck came out of nowhere. Charlie will tell Shauna that Lily is being questioned by the police and Shauna will remind him that Lily ran a red light. Charlie will say he knows but that he want to let it go. Charlie will convince Shauna to go to the wedding. Hilary will tell Shauna not to blame herself and ask her to be a bridesmaid. Phyllis is going to arrive with dress choices and Hilary will press her about why Devon wants to rush the wedding. Hilary will figure out she's not got make it and Phyllis will confirm she was told that by Devon.  Phyllis will encourage Hilary to fight for her life.

• Members

There are pictures on the cbs express site. I don't think Jack will be there because he didn't get an invitation. 

And why is the show still talking about how Hevon hurt Neil yet never mentioning how he's hurt them in return. Considering Devon is about to lose Hilary, wouldn't it make sense to call back to the last time she died? 

I'm annoyed that Phyllis is the one who gets the moment with Hilary when she learns her fate. Tells you alot about what/who Mal thinks is important. It could have been worse. I guess I should be glad he didn't shoe horn Mariah there. 

• Members

I hope that Neil gets to have a moment where he makes amends with Hilary for the way he's treated her in the past. ( Like Lily and Cane have and will). 

Also, it looks like Jack is at the wedding. Someone posted some pictures on Twitter and he was in one of them:

Please register in order to view this content

Also, there is another picture that looks like it's showing a big moment.... It shows Hilary flatlining, probably some time shortly after the wedding. I'm not sure what date this is. I still haven't heard anything about when Mishael's last air date is. 

• Members

Note the dress bag. That's probably just a scare to up the drama for the wedding. If Hilary dies this week, it'll be Friday. These pictures are all listed for the same show, which is Thursday. 

If Neil gets a moment, I doubt he apologizes. They've steadily made him justified. 

• Members

Did we learn about the truck driver? Did he survive?

I think that would be an interesting plot point to follow up on. - the emotions felt by someone who is involved in the death of an innocent stranger.

If Lily ran that red light that needs to be dealt with properly

Archived