Y&R: July Spoilers

• Members

I would have preferred Hillary and the baby being okay, but realizing she just cannot be in the same town with Lily after what has occurred.  So, Hillary exits for parts unknown; Devon gets only a "Dear John" letter; and when Lily reaches out to him, he tells his sister to kick rocks.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NN never would've taken the role if it was more than a couple of episodes. That whole story was completely thrown in without much foundation. It's not like we'd heard of Neil's family circumstances over the years, which we should have. It's weird for being on canvas for 20+ years, all I knew about Neil's past was that he got his MBA at Stanford, that's it.

Maybe they did more exploration during the Bill Bell writing years, but I wasn't really watching except when I'd visit my parents. Did Bell create Neil?  I don't really know who got credit for creating characters under his reign. 

• Members

Here are more spoilers from tomorrow's day ahead recap from soaps.com (reworded)

Nate is going to tell Devon there is not anything they can do for Hilary. Devon is going to hold out hope for a miracle. Nate is going to tell Devon to cherish every moment he has left with Hilary. Nate will tell Devon he thinks that Hilary should know the truth about her condition. Devon will not want to tell her.

Lily is going to visit with Hilary and they will make amends. Hilary will admit she was wrong for not supervising Shauna and Lily will say she's wrong for not realizing that Hilary had turned her life around. Lily will ask for forgiveness and Hilary will be excited about the thought of them being friends once she gets out of the hospital.

Jack will visit Hilary and tell her she's an amazing woman and he's glad they are friends. He will give her a pep talk. Hilary will also talk with Mariah and worry that Devon will leave her because they lost the baby. Devon will hear and reassure that won't happen. He will tell her all the things he loves about her and will propose to her. 

• Members

I can imagine that Devon will get angry and blame Shauna in some way, and Charlie will throw Lily under the bus to protect the girlfriend.

I just need, at the very least, a few episodes of Devon reading Lily the riot act and making her sob.

• Members

I find it hard to believe that lily will be a 30 yr old grandmother. Lily a grandmother before Sharon? SMH. 

However, agree on hilary not existing. The show gauranteed that when they refused to give her a child. I know some around here didn't like the idea of her having a baby but it's the only thing that could have kept the character relevant after her death. Now the show can make a clean break. There is no reason to recast her or bring Mishael back. Or even talk about her this time next year. In the grande scheme of things, she's nothing to the show. And they are proving it by killing her off for ratings. All the characters that have left over the past years, they are killing her off in an unambiguous onscreen death. She's in an even lower category as Sage since she, at least, got to leave a Newman child behind to be remembered. Fans are left with nothing after 5 full years of Hilary leading story. 

• Members

Even day player Juliet's baby survived.  

They didn't give MiM a raise for five years and didn't offer her a raise when her contract was up.  Y&R's most successful star in years.  Is this payback for her walking?

Archived