Y&R: July Spoilers

• Members

Maybe Devon shows up after they get the news about Hilary. The recap shows that Neil tries to reach him.  He does end up being in the hospital because there is a picture of Neil comforting him.

Also someone on Twitter got some SOD information early, that included some more spoilers about HIilary and Devon. They are saying SOD is reporting that  Hilary and Devon will lose the baby and Hilary will remain in critical condition. Also,  Devon is going to get a bad feeling after Nate checks Hilary's vitals and will not want to waste any more time. 

It sounds to me like Devon might propose to and marry a dying Hilary.

If they are killing her off that would be very unfortunate and sad. I would have rather have seen a situation where they had her leave town after blaming Lily for the accident. They could have her also be upset because Devon wouldn't really blame Lily for it. And have that be too much for her to bear and end their relationship. At least that way the character could possibly come back after she has some time away to grieve and really process things.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish they would have left the door open for her coming back later even as a recast. Her absence is going to leave such a big hole for the Hamilton/Winters family and to a lesser degree the Ashbys and those who are connected it to them. (like Shauna).

I wonder what is going to happen to characters like Devon and Shauna. I think that Devon might end up mostly fading into the background (after he's shown grieving for a bit). Not sure what they do with Shauna. Maybe Devon will agree to look after her,or maybe a Lily (who might be riddled with guilt will take her in). Nate could be in limbo too but maybe they will leave him as the town doctor for now and find him a love interest later on. Plus, he is well connected and maybe we will see him bonding and supporting Devon  while he's grieving the baby and Hilary.  

• Members

LOL, you went from build up to sexual tension, build up leads to sexual tension, sexual tension can happen in one eppy, stop it.  Philly and Shick are split, and Phick end up at her place, they do their foreplay, video games and end up hitting the sheets, next morning they admit it was a mistake but someone catches wind of the ONS

Devon is there when Hiliary loses the baby, Hil tells Devon, she is too blame, Hil is in critical condition, Devon realizes time is short for him and Hiliary 

• Members

I guess I must be the only one who sees how mal has sidelined Devon in Hilary last month as an injustice! 

@rlj I don't give a darn about Philly or  Shick. My point is that seems kinda random. But again, I haven't been watching as I should have. 

• Members

It's a sudden hook up, hardly random, Nick and Sharon talked bout the Phick affair weeks ago. It's Phyllis and Nick who have a history, and have regularly been in each others orbit for months, build up not needed, just video games, pizza, and a bed LOL!

• Members

Make up your mind. Was there build up or not? You say there was but then turn around and say it wasn't cause it's not needed. Which is it? Sudden hook up is random. It's like Nikki and jack having sex in two weeks cause they have history. 

• Members

Uh u went from nombuild up, to no sexual tension, to kinda random, RME

A sudden hook up can have a build up, it's sudden to the characters but the audience saw it coming, Soap 101

I seem to recall when Phick had a lot of scenes at the start of SSMs writing stint, you thought Phick was coming, just like a lot here a month and so ago saw it coming when Phick busted out the video games lol and Billy and Sharon took notice!

• Members

wow. So, Lily's gonna kill Hillary and her unborn baby? Absolute mess. How does a character even come back from that? Will the show bother to explore such a... journey? Doubtful. Lily's sins will be washed away, somehow, in a month or 2. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

And nothing materialized...but whatever. Mal Young is a hack is my ENTIRE point. Not some fan war over Shick or Phick...Shick +Phick - Philly * Villy = Mal Young is a hack! He's an inept writer that's incapable of telling a cohesive story that flows and builds. His jerky starts and stops and inserting characters to have them driving story that shouldnt even include them is off putting (i.e. phyllis centered and driving Chelsea's exit).  You can insist that whatever happening with Phick next week is great story if you want but nothing on this show is cause Mal Young is a hack! And him having phick have sex doesn't change that!  

• Members

Hilary drives a lot of story for these characters but a lot of credit is due to Mishael, not the writing.  Y&R tried and failed (over and over again) to find an actress to fill the void left by VM/Dru.  Finally, they find a gem with MiM and they let her walk.  

My point is, they could recast but I doubt the actress taking over the role would be able to rise above the material like Mishael has.  Besides, the woman has chemistry with most everyone she shares scenes with.  That's not something that happens everyday.

You aren't.  It's been glaring to me as well, and it makes zero sense.  MiM is gone, and he can't bother to write scenes for one of the most successful couples the show has had in years?

BTW...you will go round and round with @rlj as all they seem to be able to talk about is any pairing JM has outside of SC.  It's bizarre.  IRT build up or tension with JM/GT "Phick"...there is none.  There's been nary a hint of flirtation or even attraction between the two characters.  So yes, this rumored pairing is coming out of left field.

Archived