OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they may look at which characters are really drawing interest and might adjust the writing to that. Rondell really is one of my favorites. She's cute, funny and it looks like she has two potential love interests. I do think that her and Kent may get together, but I could see Greg Peters falling for her down the line. I was glad he didn't orchestrate the attack on her. I could see a situation where she saves Greg in some way down the line and he falls for her.

I thought that Robin Givens was a bit more toned down in this episode, which I think was a good thing. Maybe we will see more layers to her as she interacts with TItus more and maybe if/when her other sister may show up. I did like her scenes with her mother last night. I could also see a situation where she ends up falling for someone else down the line, maybe someone else kind of messy. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

In the 1980s and 1990s, Robin Givens was a pretty serviceable actress, when the scripts and direction were right for her.  Just a guess, but I think what people are complaining about may be the end result of years upon years of doing not so good movie roles.

What I really want someone to ask Givens about is that Drake tattoo.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Looks like ratings weren't that strong in the second week in the key 18-49 demo. HATHN slipped, but was #7 show overall that night on cable. Ambitions didn't make the top 25 this Tuesday in that demo - likely hurt by the drop for HATHN:

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/thursday-cable-ratings-june-25-2019/

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wish ratings would pick up for this show. I am continuing to enjoy it and I would like to see it do well.  As a whole I do like a lot of the characters, exceptions being the love interest for Evan/Stefanie's daughter, Bella, and I'm also not crazy about Evan.

But I am loving Titus and the actor who plays him. (And I really like his speaking voice.) I also really like Rondell. And I think that Robin Givens has toned it down at least a little. I think that show overall is decent and the plots aren't really OTT like the plots on some night time soaps are.