OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Members

I just wonder when OWN will cut the crap and put out a GOOD series for a change.  Because, you KNOW Miss O would LOVE for her network to have a quality hit on its' hands to give them some much-needed prestige.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have no desire to see Jamey do well or fail.  Just give me a good soap.  I don't think I will like this show, but I will give it a shot.  

Yes!  When Miller and Staff left YR, Jamie was very vocal but that was all because he didn't get a writing job on the show.  His rage was not genuine at all.  

I didn't like the trailer so I doubt I will like the show.  

• Members

I haven't had cable in years so I won't be watching.  All of you who watch will have to post your thoughts on this show as I'm curious.

Years ago, I thought Robin Givens might have made a good Catwoman, perhaps just after Michelle Pfeiffer played her.  The saga of the Catwoman spinoff development limbo is a story I'd rather not spend time on, lol. But back in Given's heyday, I could have imagined her playing that role and the movie could've capitalized on her infamy.  Oh well.

• Members

I mean, the trailer wasn't horrible but it was definitely camp. My question is why does it look like it was shot on video like The Haves and Have Nots? Makes it look cheaper than it has to.

My feelings about Jamey are complicated and are upthread. I do think he's matured a fair bit. The show doesn't necessarily look very mature, but it still looks better than THAHN.

I love Robin Givens. I have no complaints about her. She's doing what she excels at.

Queen Sugar is excellent. And I didn't dislike Greenleaf but I lost track in S1.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Speaking of Oprah and Robin, maybe Oprah should try her hand at recreating a weekly series based on The Women of Brewster Place again with a brand new cast.

God knows BET and BET Her air the hell out of that miniseries at different points throughout the year. It's one of the very few miniseries that's managed to live on long after its initial run. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This show debuts tonight at 10pm EST on OWN. I am going to try and check it out. Also Jamey tweeted that Ric Hearst will be on the premiere tonight. I wonder what other soap alum may end up on this show, especially if it becomes successful.

• Members

That's well-played by Jamey Giddens.  Rick Hearst has never not been good in whatever he's in.  Remember when Hearst played a character named Whipple?  He was even good in that. 

I don't subscribe to cable so I won't be watching but I hope it goes well- a lot of jobs on the line if it doesn't.