OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Members

Not that I'm defending Jamey, HELLO NO, but that was just me stating that [about Pose] because folks here thought Pose would bury Ambitions.  

Cartoon villains and poor writing don't seem to be a problem for OWN shows.  For some odd [REALLY ODD

Please register in order to view this content

] reason, HAHN still has a following.  

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ambitions beat Pose. Credit where it's due, I didn't think it had a chance at that. Quality is not the relevant conversation, eyes are so bringing up that Pose is 'better' is pointless. But I hate Ryan Murphy so it's all gucci

Edited by Vee

• Members

I enjoyed tonight's show. I think it was a bit more toned down from the premiere. Rondell continues to be one of my favorite characters so far on this show. She was cracking me up tonight, with a lot of her comments. 

Please register in order to view this content

I like Kent the councilman/rival of Evan's who is trying to help her and it looks like he will be a love interest for her. I think him and her will get together. Though, maybe she still might get with Greg Peters later on. I think that her and Greg have good chemistry as well.

I was a little surprised to see that Mrs. Carlisle was involved with the attack on Rondell. She seemed like a nice enough lady, but she is showing she can get dirty too.

Also, Bella annoys me. I think some of her actions are gross. I didn't like how she taped Evan and her in bed together without his permission. I do believe she will leak that footage at some point, (maybe even as early as next week). She also appears to be stringing along her athlete boyfriend Roderick, who at this point seems like a decent guy. 

And I continue to find Titus appealing. I do think he is being truthful by saying that he really only wants Amara. But I also think that her insecurities about his past with Stefanie could end up causing some big problems in her marriage to Titus. 

And it was nice to see Jamie give a shoutout to the Edge of Night, by having Mrs. Carlisle watch it and reference it as a classic. 

• Members

The actor who plays Titus is so good and sexy! I love him and Amara. They're definitely not the cookie cutter "good" couple you normally see. So far most of the main cast is fleshed out in a more nuanced way than your typical good and bad tropes. 

I found this episode better than the first. The first was a pilot so naturally it has a lot to set up, but the weekly shows seem like they'll be good. The only problem for me is Robin Givens. I tried to force myself to like and understand her but week two I'm not feeling it. She has moments, particularly with Brian White who plays her husband, but her acting is just BAD. This accent and bizarre line reading she does takes me out of the scenes. The dialogue is soapy and over the top yes, but good actors sell it. You can't be a Dynasty, Y&R or Dallas fan and not know that. Jamey said that so many people wanted that role but they saw Robin and knew she was Stephanie. I think that is a damn lie. They needed a name to anchor the show and she's probably the biggest name they could get. 

As time goes on I wonder if I'll grow to like her or if she'll truly settle in. Her role is too important to be played by such a and actor. 

• Members

With the exception of a few bad acting moments, I actually like this show. It feels like the old-fashioned, slow-build soaps of the past. Plenty of sex but not a whole lot of camp/craziness a la THATHN or ILYIW. It definitely makes you feel like some shockers are coming though. Rondell is great as the comedy relief character alongside the more serious, uppity characters on the show.

Edited by Vanguardian

• Members

Yes that was gone. Less exposition and more of the stories moving. This episode I feel focused more on the supporting cast and the preview for next week looks to develop some of the other supporting characters as well. It had a good balance. 

As much as I love Rondell and just looking at buzz I wouldn't be surprised if she takes on a bigger role in season two or the second half of season one if they haven't already filmed it. I can't see Givens remaining as the star.