OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked it and I'm ready for more -- some of the pacing seemed a bit off to me but I can't tell if that's because I was trying to tweet and watched and maybe missed a crucial moment here and there.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ang and any other member, I have not been impressed with anything Robin Givens since Boomerang. I'm just not buying what she's selling nor am I 100% sold on Brian White. Now, I'm wishing they could have gotten Vanessa Williams but she would look like Amara's mom as opposed to her best friend.

I can see room for improvement but also realize that it is just the pilot and it is rare that a pilot makes me feel like I'm watching a movie. I loved the envelope being pushed.

• Members

I sure as hell won't be watching this show after the way DC behaved, especially the way they behaved towards the Prospect Park soaps. And I watched soaps from the time I was a small child. Supportive or not, I wish she would not try to speak for everyone. 

• Members

Literally, like if that group of fans she's talking about don't pertain to you then ok.

Tyler Perry's sh!t is laughable and this wasn't as bad as that. Hammy acting to a degree but once properly fleshed and pilot shoot is better I hope to see better dialogue.

Someone was right on about the costumes... however Fashion Nova it may seem, I was loving it and the previews for the next episode.