Y&R Actor Out?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, he was a Sally hire and Mal has dropped them all except for Dina (his pet Alzheimer's story) and Tessa (too much backlash at this point to drop her) so no surprise there.

Keeping Reed on means he'd have to develop a story and that would probably mean at least one new character in that age group and Mal wants to keep it lean and focussed on the vets.

• Members

Lawd.....what a waste!  It's hard to invest on new characters that have talent when writers don't know what or how to write for them. This is why soaps are dying. They can't write for the next generation.

Kyle won't last longer either.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Good, he's awful.  The show has a terrible track record with casting of the young and restless legacy kids.  Remember Mac2 and Philip Jr. during MAB's years?  How many hair models have played Kyle?  And Adamson in pivotal role of Noah.  Terrible. This might be a good sign.  Now get rid of the twins.  

• Members

Quite a waste. He was a good actor IMHO and I liked him with Mattie.  I thought SS did that story fairly right. I mean when had the focus been on teens. 

Heck, they don't have to make new characters.  They at least had some recurring teens to use. 

• Members

How could this be???

I just was telling others how I though he looked so good yesterday??? WHY? I loved his chemistry with Victoria and also Mattie....

What is wrong with this crew? How could they let him go? This is upsetting as he was a perfect fit IMO...

• Members

Not surprised. Mattie, Charlie and Reed turned into day players when Mal took over. Even though Reed grew up with JT and should’ve been vital to this story they still didn’t use him. Sad news because I do think he fit well. 

• Members

What do you wanna bet that Reed will come back within a year, played by an older (and hunkier) actor, and he'll be edgier and

?

Or at least one of 'em.  Doesn't matter which one.

• Members

Not surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if the actors playing the twins are next. 

The story for Reed was all over the place from start. And the story they should've played with Reed/Mattie, which was Cane v. Victoria against their kids dating, was scrapped. Instead, Cane went back to chasing after Lily again and Victoria starting having headaches and shacking up with JT. 

Sad that a show that is supposed to be centered around YOUNG characters can't even write for them nowadays. Bill Bell is spinning in his grave...

Archived