Days: April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recall Sheri Anderson employing the Marlena being held hostage trope when she headwrote briefly in the early 90s with her being trapped down in the pit.  The difference then was that there was months of build up to that event with her kidnapper Stella being the wife of one of Marlena's patients.. and her being defensive at first because of Marlena being a therapist then becoming jealous that her husband and son were responding to Marlena's efforts, then that jealousy turning to rage and finally kidnapping Marlena by throwing her in the pit.  Then John discovers it and he gets held hostage in the pit and then a guilt ridden Stella dies just as she is about ready to confess to what she'd done.  And here is the kicker... there was long lasting fall out from Marlena/John being held hostage such as the affair between John/Marlena, Sami witnessing one of their encounters and starting her descent to the dark side, Belle being conceived, Sami coming between Austin/Carrie, Will being conceived, etc.  

If there is long term fall out from Marlena, Vivian, and Kate being trapped in that basement room.. then Ron isn't as bad as I suspect.. but most likely nothing will come of it other then him just figuring out how to use three veterans women for a few weeks just to say he uses veterans.

• Members

Kind of agreed but I'll take some laughs. I also liked the possession flashbacks.

I don't think the story is meant to be a "Marlena's kidnapped" story. It's just a part of an overall story. Not saying it's great. lol.

• Members

I have never heard Marlena discuss it either (or the show in years, tbh).  I liked they played it for laughs, but the flashbacks literally showed Days spent more production money on the levitation/rocking beds scenes than they have the entire last two years combined.

• Members

All her recollection is through the tellings of others, though. As far as we understood it afterwards, she did not remember what she did while under possession. I think she once flashed back to the time she threw Stefano off the balcony, thus making her feel guilty and offering to help convalesce Stefano, as he was wheelchairbound and had amnesia. 

Funny how I can remember 1995 like it was yesterday, but stuff they've done since 2005 is all a big blur to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I loved all those scenes depicting Abi's subconscious! Brilliant! Andre appearing was awesome too. Some great scenes between Stefan and Marlena too. The actress playing Abi is great!

Please register in order to view this content

Archived